I have searched on CB, and I haven't found if I am doing anything wrong....nor did I find anybody have success with the Google calendar sync, I am trying to sync my calendars from Google, and it will not receive them, contacts work not all the time but they work....trying to get feedback from others and possibly suggestions.......only thing I am gathering from my search is that it does seem to work with some people, and not with others?

And I have reinstalled and battery pulled numerous times....
    11-28-08 07:47 PM
    I love google sync. have yet to have a problem with it and i never changed any settings. i dunno whats up with yours try unistalling it from your bb and reinstall might work
    11-28-08 08:03 PM
    Yeah I tried several times, I added that line to my original post, not sure if you caught that.....but I have........it keeps telling my please try again later, if problem persist try signing out of sync and signing in again.
    11-28-08 08:06 PM
    thats odd. i just updated and checked my gmail calendar and it updated. what version are you running on g-sync
    11-28-08 08:15 PM
    0.5.11 is yours the same?
    11-28-08 08:18 PM
    I have been hacing issues with it also. Calender seems to be working ok for syncing but it screws up my contacts if I have certain info for them (pic, email, IM names, custom ringers etc). I've been looking around and as I read from somebody either here or on google sync forums is that its still very VERY buggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 08:19 PM
    Nope im running 0.5.9 (1017)
    -----
    am i the only one thats not having a problem with it? i dont have custom ringtones for callers. but have a few extra number in most of my contacts ie work, mobile, home and so on all seem to be fine.
    Last edited by tweek441; 11-28-08 at 08:23 PM. Reason: adding info
    11-28-08 08:20 PM
    well mine did work initially, now it doesn't...........so don't update that atleast....other then that I am still not sure if it is me or the application
    11-28-08 08:21 PM
    did you check to see if google put a new build out to fix the problem?
    11-28-08 08:25 PM
    I have been searching through everything that grabs my attention when I do a search.....but nothing seems to jump out at me.......Do you have multiple calendars on Google?

As I said before it did work at one point, but it was doubling events especially that were set to reoccur, but now not at all....
    11-28-08 08:35 PM
    I'm running old Google Sync without Contacts. It took me a few days to get the calendar syncing correctly. It's as if it has to work out it's own bugs. It drove me insane for a few days, and then *poof* suddenly it was working better than I expected. I think it needs to find it's groove and then it's set.

As for Contacts, there's a thread going on now that I've been watching, I'd LOVE to be able to sync my contacts but it looks like too many people are having problems so I'm not even going to bother. I got excited and synced with Conjola and it destroyed my contact list, so I don't want to go through that again.
    11-28-08 08:38 PM
    Well my contacts sync fine, I just can't get them to sync into a specific group, and I thought I did it before, but no Calendar, wanna switch? LOL
    11-28-08 08:39 PM
    Your user name still shows the curve as your device, are using the Storm??? Wondering if the problems is just the Storm, just Google, or just Me
    11-28-08 08:46 PM
    Mine was working fine with the calendar sync...until yesterday. It started deleting calendar entries when I would sync. I had an item marked on Nov 15th, 16th, and 21st. When I synced it from my Storm to my laptop, it would delete either the 15th or 16th entry. It would leave the 21st alone. If it deleted the 15th entry and left the 16th alone, I would reenter the 15th and resync. Then it would delete the 16th and keep the 15th. I would reenter the 16th, resync, and the 15th would be deleted again. Very odd!

My free memory is running up around 37Mb's...

I then added some test entries prior to the 15th of Nov, and they're still there, even after syncing. Who knows?!
    11-28-08 08:48 PM
    Mine was working fine with the calendar sync...until yesterday. It started deleting calendar entries when I would sync. I had an item marked on Nov 15th, 16th, and 21st. When I synced it from my Storm to my laptop, it would delete either the 15th or 16th entry. It would leave the 21st alone. If it deleted the 15th entry and left the 16th alone, I would reenter the 15th and resync. Then it would delete the 16th and keep the 15th. I would reenter the 16th, resync, and the 15th would be deleted again. Very odd!

My free memory is running up around 37Mb's...

I then added some test entries prior to the 15th of Nov, and they're still there, even after syncing. Who knows?!
    What version of Google Sync are you working with?
    11-29-08 05:16 AM
    OK, my own solution.....people please respond if this is how you have it set up to confirm........I had my gmail set up on the Storm BIS using POP...........worked fine, but Google sync Calendar would not work, contacts were fine....

I changed my gmail account on the Storm to IMAP, now the Google sync works, is this what you others have set up, IMAP.

All I know it works, someone with more comp tech knowledge might be able to confirm this for me, so I can tell other this is the definitive fix for people using gmail, with google sync, is to change to IMAP....

I have not slept in three days over this, have some serious issues, I hope someone will tell me yes that is what you were doing wrong........not that Google just fixed their sync program, for my sanity please
    Last edited by Scungi; 11-29-08 at 06:16 AM. Reason: added info
    11-29-08 06:12 AM

11-29-08 06:38 AM
    CFD are you using Gmail with BIS to you BB? If so with POP or IMAP?
    11-29-08 07:23 AM
    Has anybody found out the cause of the errors syncing the calendar using 0.5.11? I keep on getting told to try again later, and if problem persists, try signing out of sync and signing in again. But it seems like the app isn't even trying to send data. It just stays there on whatever screen forever.
    12-02-08 08:59 AM
    I love google sync. have yet to have a problem with it ...
    I wish I could say the same! Despite multiple re-installs of the google sync application I'm still having issues. My calendar sync works great but my contacts (I have around 450) sync exactly one per sync attempt and then I get the "Sync Failed" error. Sync again, one more contact transferred to the BB then the error.
    thats odd. i just updated and checked my gmail calendar and it updated. what version are you running on g-sync
    Nope im running 0.5.9 (1017)
    -----
    am i the only one thats not having a problem with it?
    No, your not the only one with problems. My Storm is at OS .75 and google sync is 0.5.12 (1017).
    OK, my own solution....I changed my gmail account on the Storm to IMAP
    I tried this but it made no difference.

Any ideas of what else to try would be appreciated. Also, my gmail icon on the Storm insists it has one unread message although there are no messages for gmail on the Storm or via web gmail. Guess I need to search for that one!
    12-04-08 07:34 AM
    Everything is working fine for me...

I haven't had a single issue with the calendar or the contact sync...
    12-04-08 07:40 AM

What is the version of your Storm OS and Google sync version?
    12-04-08 07:43 AM

Sorry ... another question for you. If you are in google sync on the BB, what happens when you do the BB button then "Options"? When I do that, exactly nothing happens - google sync just returns to the screen it was displaying before I pressed "Options".
    12-04-08 07:48 AM
    What is the version of your Storm OS and Google sync version?
    I fit the same profile (G-sync working wonders) and couldn't quickly pull up the 'version'. If it helps I downloaded it the 11/21 from the mobile version of the site to my phone.

Not sure if theres a variable in there... maybe someone can sniff something out.
    12-04-08 07:50 AM
    I fit the same profile (G-sync working wonders) and couldn't quickly pull up the 'version'....
    To see the version, when in google sync on the BB do the BB button then "Help". Version is listed on the third line from the top.
    12-04-08 07:55 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD