And it does work on Storm, finally
    03-24-10 11:53 PM
    Got an link? I tried the mobile site and it only lets me update to 3.2.1.
    03-25-10 12:12 AM
    m.google.com

App works very well and the voice search is very handy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sparhawke2000; 03-25-10 at 02:11 AM.
    03-25-10 02:00 AM
    Hooooray!!!!

Downloading now, hope all the bugs have been fixed.
    03-25-10 04:55 AM
    Excellent, all seems to be fine so far.

If only Google would update the YouTube app for blackberry too
    03-25-10 05:22 AM
    I noticed it doesn't return map options. Also the ability to change type of search doesn't appear to be there/working. Although that's not a huge big deal since before the options showed up but just didn't work. Except map results. I wish it could still do that.

03-25-10 06:03 AM
    I've updated the google mobile app and google sync. I use voice, but when i go to download/update the voice app, it only opens the app and doesn't allow an update or download. What's even more weird since i received my replacement S2 ten days ago. I hadn't downloaded the voice app yet to this phone. So its icon and app isn't anywhere i can find on my phone.

Thoughts??

Thanks.
    03-25-10 08:28 AM
    Whats the difference between the mobile app and BB's google quick search app?
    03-25-10 08:37 AM
    And it does work on Storm, finally
    Thanks for sharing
    03-25-10 08:39 AM
    I've updated the google mobile app and google sync. I use voice, but when i go to download/update the voice app, it only opens the app and doesn't allow an update or download. What's even more weird since i received my replacement S2 ten days ago. I hadn't downloaded the voice app yet to this phone. So its icon and app isn't anywhere i can find on my phone.

Thoughts??

Thanks.
    I'm having the same issue -- I cannot get google voice app downloaded on my storm 2. worked fine for my storm 1, but when i go to m.google.com/voice there is no option to download... only sign in your account and check gvoice via blackberry browser.

anyone got a direct OTA link for gvoice app?
    03-25-10 09:36 AM
    To those with Storms having issues downloading, try this;

1. In your BB browser options go to "Browser Configuration"
    2. For Browser Identification, change it to "Firefox"
    3. exit, and save the changes.
    4. Close your BB browser
    5. Open BB browser, and navigate to m.google.com/voice

You should now have the option to download the application
    03-25-10 10:02 AM
    I'm having the same issue -- I cannot get google voice app downloaded on my storm 2. worked fine for my storm 1, but when i go to m.google.com/voice there is no option to download... only sign in your account and check gvoice via blackberry browser.

anyone got a direct OTA link for gvoice app?

EDIT: Antic beat me to it.
    Last edited by NoDice881; 03-25-10 at 10:14 AM. Reason: already answered
    03-25-10 10:11 AM
    Does anyone have a google voice invitation they can send my way? Please, either PM me with your e-mail or you can send it directly to me: hoenemeyerj at gmail dot com.

Thanks in advance.
    03-25-10 10:16 AM
    Does anyone have a google voice invitation they can send my way? Please, either PM me with your e-mail or you can send it directly to me: hoenemeyerj at gmail dot com.

Thanks in advance.
    03-25-10 10:17 AM

Thanks in advance.
    I have 3 invitations left, pm me your email. I'll send you some time afternoon.

03-25-10 11:25 AM
    Excellent, all seems to be fine so far.

If only Google would update the YouTube app for blackberry too
    I believe it was...

Has Your YouTube Video Playback Quality Increased On Your BlackBerry? | CrackBerry.com
    03-25-10 11:32 AM
    m.google.com

App works very well and the voice search is very handy.

That worked sparhawke2000.
    Tks
    03-25-10 01:34 PM
    I would really appreciate a voice invite. Google takes forever to reply to a request, but they have a great product line. Google search not Bing!!
    GV looks awesome.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    mowjim at hotmail period com
    03-25-10 05:48 PM
    I had the Gmail app and the GoogleMaps app on my Storm2 before I added the new Google Mobile app.

Then I thought I'd clean up my device by deleting the individual Gmail and GoogleMaps apps. Well, the Google Mobile app will now allow me to access Gmail and GoogleMaps apps unless I have them on the device separtely.

Anyone else?

TIA
    03-26-10 05:10 AM
    The mobile app works awesome but I still cannot get google sync to work on my s2 ...it downloads fine but it does not seem supported with touch screen I can enter my email to sign in but it will not scroll down for my password and I can't sign in ....anyone else having the same problem?

03-26-10 06:23 AM
    I had the Gmail app and the GoogleMaps app on my Storm2 before I added the new Google Mobile app.

Then I thought I'd clean up my device by deleting the individual Gmail and GoogleMaps apps. Well, the Google Mobile app will now allow me to access Gmail and GoogleMaps apps unless I have them on the device separtely.

Anyone else?

TIA
    That was my experience as well a few versions ago. I think the mobile app just calls to the mail and map apps, so when you deleted them they were no longer there. If you download the apps again, then the mobile app can use them. You can always hide the icons if you are trying to keep your screen free of clutter.
    03-26-10 11:40 AM
    That was my experience as well a few versions ago. I think the mobile app just calls to the mail and map apps, so when you deleted them they were no longer there. If you download the apps again, then the mobile app can use them. You can always hide the icons if you are trying to keep your screen free of clutter.
    Good idea on hidding them.

Good Luck
    03-26-10 12:33 PM
    I have 3 invitations left, pm me your email. I'll send you some time afternoon.

I'd love to have one as well if you still have one to spare...
    03-26-10 12:59 PM
    may I have a invite too. If you can spare another Thanks
    Last edited by x-l; 03-26-10 at 03:13 PM.
    03-26-10 03:10 PM
    I love the new google map update
    03-26-10 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD