Seems that google has finally released this for the BB. Here is the tiny link to the article, tinyurl.com/dhw879 and the full link, here

Looking at some of the comments it looks like Storm users are having trouble even getting the app. Someone posted that they were able to get to it with the Opera browser on their storm. Anyone have any luck, or try it, or use it? Looking for input as my Storm is dead for now (forgot to charge it this morning ) but am interested if anyone got to try it.
    Last edited by nemo-maritime; 03-25-09 at 03:11 PM.
    03-25-09 03:08 PM
    im going to give it a try...
    03-25-09 03:13 PM
    does not work on the storm yet =(
    03-25-09 03:18 PM
    Use opera to visit m.google.com and download. I disabled compatib. mode and used the menu key if click wasn't working.

Cannot get at the top icons except the leftmost one without compatibility mode. Voice search not compatible. What it does do that the browser won't is suggest search terms as you type and use your phone's location info. I don't think I will use this app much since I use opera for internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rednukleus; 03-25-09 at 03:48 PM.
    03-25-09 03:27 PM
    sucks no storm support. They are coding it. It's said on their mobile blog
    03-25-09 03:45 PM
    i installed it from this link http://m.google.com/m/download/googl...ad?dc=gorganic after installation make sure you run the app and not click on ok.. goto Menu and pick left side convenience key set it to yes.. Work fine for me in the STORM
    03-25-09 03:52 PM
    Works well for me on my storm too. Had to download opera mini browser just to get it to download to my phone though...
    03-25-09 06:13 PM
    Works well for me on my storm too. Had to download opera mini browser just to get it to download to my phone though...
    Had to do the same, could only get it to download thru OM. You did get the voice record to work when you changed it to left key?? It tells me "Unable to record voice" no matter what key its set to.
    03-25-09 06:57 PM
    Had to do the same, could only get it to download thru OM. You did get the voice record to work when you changed it to left key?? It tells me "Unable to record voice" no matter what key its set to.
    Check the permissions.
    03-25-09 06:59 PM
    I just downloaded this ap to. I dont see how it will allow you to use your voice. I even set it to the left key also, and its still saying unable to record voice.
    03-25-09 07:19 PM
    downloaded app but when i hold the phone key down an error message comes up and says try restarting mobile app. can not get voice part to work. any other curve people had this problem?
    03-25-09 07:28 PM
    No problem downloading this app or getting it to work on my 9530. Use the menu to accept the license agreement if your click won't select it. Tried it out and it seems to do a d@mn good job getting what you say right! Another reason to love my new Storm!
    03-25-09 07:49 PM
    I just downloaded this ap to. I dont see how it will allow you to use your voice. I even set it to the left key also, and its still saying unable to record voice.
    Just downloaded from the link provided using the BB browser, installed and disabled compatibility mode (Options - Advanced Options - Applications - Google Mobile App - BB key and select Disable Compatibility Mode) and works great.

Didn't have to enable side key or anything, just using the green call button and works great. I'm running the latest .113 so not sure if that makes a difference.

-S
    03-25-09 07:51 PM
    Just downloaded from the link provided using the BB browser, installed and disabled compatibility mode (Options - Advanced Options - Applications - Google Mobile App - BB key and select Disable Compatibility Mode) and works great.

Didn't have to enable side key or anything, just using the green call button and works great. I'm running the latest .113 so not sure if that makes a difference.

-S
    +1
    Works great!!
    Even better with Quick Launch.
    03-25-09 08:15 PM
    Good to hear that some people are having some luck, dunno what to say for the others. I'll be trying it in the next few minutes; wanted to see the reactions first. I'm still running .75, but ill try to give it majority of security rights/permissions since its Google (I think I can trust them.... for now)
    03-25-09 08:21 PM
    Good to hear that some people are having some luck, dunno what to say for the others. I'll be trying it in the next few minutes; wanted to see the reactions first. I'm still running .75, but ill try to give it majority of security rights/permissions since its Google (I think I can trust them.... for now)
    I, for one, welcome our google overlords
    03-25-09 08:41 PM

-S
    Thank you. Deleted it and re installed. Works fine now. Thank you for your help.
    03-25-09 08:53 PM
    It's working now. Yesterday I tried downloading it and the page kept reloading. I tried it this morning, and now I have the Google Mobile Search App installed on my storm, with Voice search! It works great!
    03-25-10 08:57 AM
    I downloaded it using the BB browser. Make sure you set all Permissions to allow. I had to go back in to permissions and do it again after I installed it because it did not work during the initial download and setup. Then go into options and set up voice search and set the left convenience key to yes and you should be good to go. The voice search works great.
    03-25-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD