ok so I saw the Blog about this on the home page of Crackberry.. tried to install following the steps about this link to your internet search engine.. and all that comes up is the Google home page.. so what, if anything am I doing wrong and how do I actually install this app??
    01-14-10 01:30 PM
    Sadly, you are not doing anything wrong. The Google search app is not compatible with the Storm or Storm 2, so it automatically redirects you to the Google search page. I personally have had no luck finding a work around for this issue.
    01-14-10 01:37 PM
    sadly, you are not doing anything wrong. The google search app is not compatible with the storm or storm 2, so it automatically redirects you to the google search page. I personally have had no luck finding a work around for this issue.

boooooo.......
    01-14-10 01:40 PM
    ok so I saw the Blog about this on the home page of Crackberry.. tried to install following the steps about this link to your internet search engine.. and all that comes up is the Google home page.. so what, if anything am I doing wrong and how do I actually install this app??
    In your browser configuration change the browser to firefox. Then you will be able to download this app. You can change it back to blackberry browser after the installation.

I change it back to the BBerry browser because some web pages do not display correctly when the browser is set to anything other than Blackberry
    01-14-10 01:43 PM
    Sadly, you are not doing anything wrong. The Google search app is not compatible with the Storm or Storm 2, so it automatically redirects you to the Google search page. I personally have had no luck finding a work around for this issue.
    See my post in this thread for the work around
    01-14-10 01:46 PM
    Dumb question... how do I change to firefox?
    open any Browser page then push the Blackberry Key-options-browser configuration-browser identification-change to firefox - save. You will be able to download the app. I would then use the same steps to change it back after the installation.

Just a note. During the installation process you will come to a standard page where you have to accept the terms. Clicking on the accept box will not do anything. You must hit the Blackberry Key at the bottom of you screen where you will see a menu entry labeled accept. Click on that to complete the installation.

BTW. No question is dumb
    01-14-10 02:05 PM
    open any Browser page then push the Blackberry Key-options-browser configuration-browser identification-change to firefox - save. You will be able to download the app. I would then use the same steps to change it back after the installation.

Just a note. During the installation process you will come to a standard page where you have to accept the terms. Clicking on the accept box will not do anything. You must hit the Blackberry Key at the bottom of you screen where you will see a menu entry labeled accept. Click on that to complete the installation.

BTW. No question is dumb
    I have tried switching my BB browser to Firefox. I have also changed the internet browser to Firefox. No matter what I do, I cannot get the app to download. All I get is a screen that says my phone does not support the app.
    01-14-10 02:21 PM
    Thanks Teddeli! I found this in another forum moments after I posted!
    The app works perfectly on my Storm 2, but some of the navigation is a bit wonky since it was not designed specifically for this platform. I dig the new contacts search, though.
    01-14-10 02:22 PM
    Does anyone have the .jad file they can post a link to?
    01-14-10 02:24 PM
    nevermind, I think I finally got it to work. My defaul browser was set to be the blackberry browser instead of the internet browser, and my company's IT policy controls were getting in the way. Problem solved.

In case anyone needs it in the future, I believe this should be the link for the .jad file download: Google
    Last edited by foxymop702; 01-14-10 at 02:46 PM.
    01-14-10 02:43 PM
    Does anyone have the .jad file they can post a link to?
    Just change your browser to firefox and go to http:// m.google.com/search

There is no point anyways cause the app doesnt work right
    Last edited by collin16; 01-14-10 at 02:49 PM.
    01-14-10 02:45 PM
    You can download the Google Mobile app at the link below:

StormOTA - Google Mobile App

Almost everything works on the Storm. The only thing I have found that you can't do is click on the buttons over the top of the search bar.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    01-14-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD