I asked a month ago but continue to wonder if anyone has figured out how to edit and rename favorites in google maps 4.2x.

The official street address is worthless - really need to put a name on the location that makes sense to me.

This functionality was present in v3.2. Anyone have suggestions?

thanks.
    07-03-10 09:51 AM
    I asked a month ago but continue to wonder if anyone has figured out how to edit and rename favorites in google maps 4.2x.

The official street address is worthless - really need to put a name on the location that makes sense to me.

This functionality was present in v3.2. Anyone have suggestions?

thanks.
    If there is I can't find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 02:12 PM
    I've heard that it can be done via the google website but I'm afraid to upgrade, lose my favorites, and then discover that they cannot be renamed.

How could the design team make this kind of mistake?
    07-06-10 08:47 PM
    Anyone have an OTA link to the previous version of Google Maps? Without the ability to name favorites this one is useless to me. I want to reinstall previous version and get rid of this junk app.
    Is there anyone out there with a Version 3x link????
    07-19-10 04:41 PM
    I like the idea of making a "cache" and don't understand why, if by choice, I can't have preinstalled maps like the app for the iPod Touch has.

I understand the need to save space (especially for the older model phones) but I see no reason why I don't have the option to load all that stuff to my phone. Seems like something that would be pretty easy to put on my media card and have the program access. It kinda sucks when I'm trying to find where I am, but I'm not in cell range so Google Maps does me little good.

What do I know, though?
    07-19-10 06:40 PM
    There are a lot of folks who like the dynamic mapping of "new" areas without having to purchase new maps. But I'd tend to agree with you. Onboard maps means quicker responses to course changes and the obvious, in areas without data, there is no interruption of the data stream. With expanding SD card storage, there is more than enough room for maps.
    07-19-10 07:07 PM
    I wish they could make google maps on the droid on the black berry i cant wait.
    07-20-10 01:29 PM
    Does the new version do track up?
    07-20-10 11:06 PM
    I don't like the latest version. The older one worked much faster for me
    07-23-10 01:07 PM
    Does the new version do track up?
    No, Version 4.2.0 does not do track up.
    07-23-10 02:55 PM
    There are a lot of folks who like the dynamic mapping of "new" areas without having to purchase new maps. But I'd tend to agree with you. Onboard maps means quicker responses to course changes and the obvious, in areas without data, there is no interruption of the data stream. With expanding SD card storage, there is more than enough room for maps.
    I understand wanting to update your maps all the time, but surely there could be an option to "update" just like the program itself.
    07-26-10 04:07 PM
    No, Version 4.2.0 does not do track up.
    Thanks for the info.
    07-29-10 03:57 PM
    Question about v4.4 released Aug 1.

** Can Favorites (Starred locations) be renamed by the user in this release v4.4? **

This feature was present in v3.2 but disappeared in v4x. I can't upgrade until they return this functionality. Starred locations are useless if I can't give them a name that means something to me rather than some ridiculous street address.

Thanks.
    08-01-10 05:35 PM
    Question about v4.4 released Aug 1.

** Can Favorites (Starred locations) be renamed by the user in this release v4.4? **

This feature was present in v3.2 but disappeared in v4x. I can't upgrade until they return this functionality. Starred locations are useless if I can't give them a name that means something to me rather than some ridiculous street address.

Thanks.
    Nope, still can't be done
    08-01-10 10:47 PM
    Any work around for renaming starred favorites in the new version?
    08-02-10 08:11 AM
    Where/how do you locate the "Places" feature?

TIA
    08-02-10 12:42 PM
    I read somewhere that the Places feature is available in the blackberry version but would like confirmation from others as well.
    08-02-10 06:46 PM
    Found the answer.
    When you "search" in GMaps 4.4, "Places" is embedded.
    In other words, search "restaurants" and it brings all up on screen.
    Works great
    08-03-10 12:41 PM
    Is there anyone out there with a Version 3x link????
    m.google.com/maps/download/maps.jad?dc=gorganic&ver=3.2.0

m.google.com/maps/download/maps.jad?dc=gorganic&ver=3.2.1

Just downgraded from v4.x, because I couldn't rename favourites anymore. Now everything works like a charm again. No favourites lost and I can rename them again. Wonderful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 10:53 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD