Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Phill_UK
  • 1 Post By BigwhiteUK
  • 1 Post By joeldf
  • 1 Post By BigBadWulf
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Google Maps: Serious Error

I have a 9850 and installed Google Maps, and I love it!

But......

Every two or three days (or so) when I open it I get an error "Serious Error. Please Restart" and it crashes. This has happened on my BB, my wife's BB and the new one I got when my first Torch died. I downloaded it straight from m.google.com

Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

I use it almost daily on my 9930, and my girl on her 9810. Never seen that. Might be an issue with Sprint somehow.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Update:

It says Unknown Error, Serious Error. Please Exit and Restart.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Google Maps 9900 Bold Serious Error. Please exit and restart.

Google Maps on the blackberry 9900 Bold was working fine until I reset it through the software of the google application. I am on the wind network. After removing and reinstalling a few times, still 'Serious Error. Please exit and restart.' During Terms and Conditions waiting to accept . Then unknown serious error comes up and goes away so fast I can't finish reading it.
    RIM and Google are big dogs! Please put some effort into resolving this issue.

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey98765 View Post
    Google Maps on the blackberry 9900 Bold was working fine until I reset it through the software of the google application. I am on the wind network. After removing and reinstalling a few times, still 'Serious Error. Please exit and restart.' During Terms and Conditions waiting to accept . Then unknown serious error comes up and goes away so fast I can't finish reading it.
    No clue what your issue is. Possibly a Canadian thing. Reality is, RIM signed a deal with Tom Tom, and Google, well......they've got a little smartphone business of their own going on.

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey98765 View Post
    Yes. It's unfortunate, but Google seems to have stopped new activations.
    If you already had it loaded and running you're fine.
    If you do a fresh reinstall or upgrade your OS it can no longer be activated.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post7778848
    Google maps not available for blackberry

HTH
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Serious Error. Please exit..

No He is absolutely right.. I got a JVM Error 545 first.. I did the software update as directed by different forums using Blackberry Desktop Manager.. Google Maps working fine for me.. Now I am getting the 'Serious Error..' .. I think there is a 'Serious Error..' with the RIM..
    CrackBerry Newbie

You are 100% right !! I am also facing the same issue !!! Need to throw this device to trash bin ..
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niladri Banerjee View Post
    I think there is a 'Serious Error..' with the RIM..
    You think wrong... this has absolutely nothing to do with RIM.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    BigBadWulf and BigwhiteUK like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN
    24CA5D48 PB pin 502763C8

Blame, if any, lays firmly at Googles door, not RIMS And yes throw your device in the trash and get your self an Android phone, you will be so happy
    9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BigwhiteUK View Post
    Blame, if any, lays firmly at Googles door, not RIMS. And, absolutely DO NOT throw your device in the trash! Give it to MADBRADNYC! And then get your self an Android phone, you will be so happy
    TYVM BigWhite!
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    TYVM BigWhite!

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I suspect that when the iOS version of Google Maps was rolled out, Google did something with the Terms of Service page that breaks on the Blackberry. And since they no longer support Google Maps on the BB, they won't feel any obligation to fix the problem. So we might as well just delete the app and recover the application memory it uses and move on to some other map application.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
    So we might as well just delete the app and recover the application memory it uses and move on to some other map application.
    or just use the fix like everyone else is... http://forums.crackberry.com/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/ive-got-google-map-back-my-bb-after-upgrade-new-os-757894/#post7780652
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    Thanked by:
    CharlesH (12-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    or just use the fix like everyone else is... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7780652
    Hey Phil/Wulf- Hope you guys are doing well! I did the fix as discribed in another post and it loaded the version 3 which works fine. It did not however offer the upgrade that everyone is talking about. Any idea why? Also, do you think this will cause - any conflicts with BB Maps/traffice that I currently use? Thanks!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 12-15-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: typo
    CrackBerry Genius

You have to upgrade it yourself after installing v. 3 and starting it once to accept the terms of service.

Joel
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-16-2012) 
    BigBadWulf likes this.

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

I've yet to have any issue, on any OS, using GM4.5.3 along with BB Maps and Traffic, sometimes with all three operating at the same time.

Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Is it supposed to offer the upgrade automatically from 3 to 4? It didn't but ver 3 is running fine. Should i download ver 4 from the web or will that negate the currently working ver 3? Thanks!

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Is it supposed to offer the upgrade automatically from 3 to 4? It didn't but ver 3 is running fine. Should i download ver 4 from the web or will that negate the currently working ver 3? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joeldf View Post
    You have to upgrade it yourself after installing v. 3 and starting it once to accept the terms of service.

Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-16-2012) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Yep! Thanks Wulf/Joeldf! I downloaded from the web and it went perfectly! Thanks for the help guys!