I dunno if anybody has suggested this...but...a battery pull might fix this...I'm not sure if you tried that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Newb question ahead->

Battery pull while the device is on? Or power-off, then pull the battery?
    08-03-09 12:02 PM
    With the device ON, remove the battery, leave it out for a few seconds, then put it back. That's how you reboot a BlackBerry.

08-03-09 12:19 PM
    With the device ON, remove the battery, leave it out for a few seconds, then put it back. That's how you reboot a BlackBerry.

Cool, thanks.
    08-03-09 12:23 PM
    Still having the same problem after the battery pull. Downloaded, installed (BB indicated the install was successful). I open the app, and boom, punts me out to the home/menu screen.
    08-03-09 12:47 PM
    vzw is good... got me nailed down at 4 meters. :P
    08-03-09 12:56 PM
    Just fixed the app & all is working. Adjusted the app permissions from "Custom" --->> "Allow" for all 3 and VOILA!

Thanks everybody for the help!

I am nailed down to 10 meters inside a house (in a rural area). I'm content. Thanks again.
    Last edited by ESVATour; 08-03-09 at 01:24 PM.
    08-03-09 01:21 PM
    bumped - 7 meters now. Amazing app.
    08-03-09 02:13 PM
    I'm really glad you got that fixed. Sorry it took so long. And in the end, you solved it yourself! Thanks for posting your solution; you never know who in the future might have the same problem and benefit from your experience.

08-03-09 02:15 PM
    i wish the same were true for the sprint tour....
    08-03-09 02:19 PM
    I'm really glad you got that fixed. Sorry it took so long. And in the end, you solved it yourself! Thanks for posting your solution; you never know who in the future might have the same problem and benefit from your experience.

I'm glad too. Thanks again for your help.
    08-03-09 04:04 PM
    Just fixed the app & all is working. Adjusted the app permissions from "Custom" --->> "Allow" for all 3 and VOILA!

Thanks again.
    I just tried all that and the advice regarding enabling GPS and location enabling and it still indicates approx 2200 feet. I'm not certain what the problem is.
    08-04-09 12:36 PM
    Are you running any other apps that could be taking control of the GPS? BBMaps? Any location-based app?
    I am running VZ Navigator. Could that possibly be taking control of the GPS and be preventing Google Maps from locking down on my location?
    08-04-09 12:41 PM
    Yes, VZNav may be taking control of your GPS. But only while it is running. If you exit it, it should not preclude you using Google.
    08-04-09 12:46 PM
    I just changed the permissions on a Sprint Tour. Waiting to go outside in 5 minutes and see if it works. I love Google Maps. They still need to fix this.
    Let me know if you get it to work. I also have a Sprint tour, and the only way thus far to get it to locate the phone within several feet is to switch it to GSM mode.
    08-04-09 02:02 PM
    I have had my tour for a few weeks now. Google Maps was the first app I loaded and it worked fine until a wek ago when I loaded 'Where'. I beieve this is the only other app I have loaded that uses the GPS. Anyway after I use 'Where' Google Maps only works using the wireless locator the GPS seems to be disabled. I tried closing / exiting both 'Where' and Google Maps but the only way to get GMaps working fully again is to pull the battery. If I run Where again I need to remember to pull the battery if I want GMaps to work with the GPS. As per another post here it looks like some apps that use the GPS may be interfeering with GMaps.
    08-04-09 06:09 PM
    You need to allow all the permissions. go to applications and then scroll to google maps and hit the blackberry button the edit permissions and make sure all say allow. save that and try again
    08-06-09 05:52 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD