Did anybody else notice there's no "save to contacts" option on the google maps application on blackberrys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 06:34 AM
    There are several features that are missing from the BB version of google maps. Searching your contacts from within GoogleMaps is the biggest one.
    09-13-09 07:01 AM
    Never even noticed that. Anybody any idea why?

09-13-09 07:32 AM
    if you go in your address book and select a contact. There is an option there to show them on google map.

09-13-09 07:56 AM
    Also an option to view on BB Maps too ;-) I know this thread is about Google Maps but I thought I would add that for people who might not have known...

ALB
    09-13-09 10:38 AM
    pretty cool, i never noticed that..thank you
    09-13-09 10:48 AM
    Good to know. I just downloaded the google maps, and it's fab.

09-13-09 10:51 AM
    Not really using that feature, it's the save to contacts that I miss, very handy when you search for a business.

I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to add it. Especially with blackberrys being business phones.

Does blackberry maps have that option?

09-13-09 11:10 AM
    no save to contacts..but you can save as favorites in the maps program..
    09-13-09 12:58 PM
    A bit off topic but Poynt seems to work pretty well with google maps if you adjust the settings correctly. You can search for a business on Poynt and have it mapped on Google maps through the menu. I know there is a search function in GM's but Poynt seems to work better if you do not know the exact name of the place. Few other nice options that integrate the 2 apps pretty well, you just have to play around with it a bit to find them.
    09-13-09 01:04 PM
    first of all, has anyone checked out the about section in the options menu of BB maps? google is all over it.

BB maps pretty much does everything google maps does. it has had layers for a while now. google maps is pretty much a shinier version of the BB maps without offering anything of substance over it. and besides i can send my location or the location of the place that i've just mapped with BB maps whilst i still can't do that with google maps. and BB maps has a sort of compass to orient the map to which direction you are travelling.

it does suck that neither one let's you add these places to your contacts when integration & productivity are key draws for the BB.
    Last edited by cphilano; 10-30-09 at 01:46 AM.
    10-30-09 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD