I have had a blackberry curve 8330 on the sprint network for over a year now and my Google Maps has always worked great. It would show me my location within 10 meters or less at all times. About 2 months ago I took my Blackberry swimming and had to get a new one. After receiving my new Blackberry, I installed Google Maps. The new blackberry is the same model as the old one and has the same updates but my Google Maps will not pinpoint my location accurately. It will show my location somewhat but it will stay within around 2100 meters and never narrows to be more precise than that. I checked all of the property setting for the App and checked the phone settings for GPS. The settings are all correct! Please help!

Nick Norton
    08-26-09 09:28 AM
    Are you going in motion while this is happening? And not indoors?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 09:51 AM
    Did they replace it with an 8330 or an 8330m?

Google Maps won't use the internal GPS chip with the 8330m.
    08-26-09 10:04 AM
    Yeah, Google has not yet made it a priority to get the maps app to work with the 8330m, really disappointing to me, seems it should be a fairly simple fix too. My wife has the 8330m and I have the 8330, and we would like to use the latitude feature, but it is useless at this point.
    08-26-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD