Google Maps help
I downloaded Google maps yesterday and when the terms screen came up i got this error:
I did do a battery pull and reinstalled it but same problem.
Feeding my CrackBerry Craving with the CrackBerry Forums AppFollow me on twitter @teambb9300
Check out my blog http://teambb9300.wordpress.com
- CrackBerry Master
12-17-2012, 10:12 AM #2
- 1,312 Posts
- 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM #3
Here is the work-around to put it back on your phone. (cut and pasted from two different threads). This is the work around that everyone is using along with the summary of instructions. Once I had Ver 3 back on my phone-I went to the web> Google Maps for mobil and downloaded the new version 4.5.3 to the device and it replaced the earlier version. Works great! Hope this helps you. Good Luck! PS: Use the drop box as it is much easier.
Link for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip
[Update] Even better news: after first successful run of v3 you can update to v4.5.3 and it'll get back to work normally .
OTA link: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad
Worked great! To summarize the steps from the other thread:
- Download the zip file for Google Maps v3 to your PC
- Extract the zip file and copy the extracted folder to your device's media card
- Open the Media Folder, (on media card if you store it there) then choose Explore from the menu option
- Browse for the folder location and select GoogleMap-v3.jad
- Run version 3, decline the upgrade to version 4.5.3 and accept the terms
- Exit Google Maps, run again and allow the upgrade to 4.5.3. if offered.
It didn't offer me an upgrade> so I opened ver 3>closed ver 3> went to web on my phone and downloaded the newest version 4.5.3 to my phone.
- 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM #4
I just pointed the browser on my phone to the above OTA link http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad , "replaced" version 4.5.3 by version 4.5.3, rebooted, launched Maps, accepted the terms, and it's working fine. I did not need to downgrade to version 3.
- By Titans in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:31 PM
- By Sandy92058 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 06-28-2008, 07:31 PM
- By Dungmaggot in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2008, 10:29 AM
- By Butters0125 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 14Last Post: 04-06-2008, 12:35 AM
- By WeeTony in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-12-2007, 05:34 PM