have downloaded and installed Google maps v4.2.0, when i try use it i get the following error message Network Unavailable : this application requires a data connection, and some BB devices require reconfiguration to work properly . Please visit Google Maps on your computer for more info

I have an internet package i have set the 3 permissions to allow and it still aint working.. i only bought it today .. i am also lead to believe bb maps should be installed too but i cant even see an icon for that.

please help me.
    07-19-10 12:46 PM
    Are you Using ATT By chance?

if so they block some mapping programs.
    07-19-10 12:48 PM
    no t-mobile uk
    07-19-10 01:13 PM
    First day... you need to give it a day or two for your provider to activate your data plan... at least that is what we usually have to do over on the other side of the pond (the US)... although you might want to call your provider and ask them just to be sure how long it takes to active your data plan.
    07-19-10 03:40 PM
    Are you Using ATT By chance?

if so they block some mapping programs.
    No we do not. Google Maps and BB Maps work just fine on our branded devices. Load the ribbon file to see the bb maps icon or you can use Poynt with another option to launch bb maps being quicklaunch.

OP, can you use applications like email, FB or Twitter? If they work it is not an account setup problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 07-19-10 at 03:53 PM.
    07-19-10 03:49 PM
    No we do not. Google Maps and BB Maps work just fine on our branded devices. Load the ribbon file to see the bb maps icon or you can use Poynt with another option to launch bb maps being quicklaunch.

It's pretty common knowledge that ATT blocks mapping programs so the end users have to buy their GPS program via monthly service.

any who as fatboy said, and i looked over, if the phone is on day one of service, you might need to wait up to 72 hours for your phone to officially become active.
    07-19-10 03:54 PM
    Wrong. WE block no applications. And yes I used CAPS on WE.

Again WE do NOT block map applications. In fact read more on this tops as WE never blocked BB Maps. The app has always been there and working fine. The icon could always be installed; it just was not there by default. Other carriers block apps 100% forcing subs to use their paid programs. We do not.

07-19-10 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD