I recently upgraded from Google maps 4.0.2 to the new 4.2 on my Storm. So far I'm regretting it. The only way I've been able to get it to work is with compatibility mode enabled.
    Has anyone gotten 4.2 to work on their Storm? If not is there somewhere I can download 4.0.2?
    06-06-10 10:39 PM
    Its perfectly working for me. You may need to try redownloading.
    Cheers
    06-07-10 04:42 AM
    No problems with 4.2 here. ^ try redownloading as Astrodad said ^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 06:16 AM
    This is my second time installong it. What are the settings you use for download. ie. Internet explorer, Firefox, or use Opera.

06-07-10 07:51 AM
    This is my second time installong it. What are the settings you use for download. ie. Internet explorer, Firefox, or use Opera.

Ok. I tried changing the settings in Browser and re downloaded and it worked. It seems whenever I download anything from Google the Apps are sensitive to settings.

06-07-10 08:06 AM
    Well, I've waited since the Storms release, and finally they have fixed the GPS in this version (well, for Bell Canada at least)

Finally I can delete Bing.

/single tear
    06-08-10 10:08 AM
    somehow for me the Wikipedia Layer can still be chosen but no longer appears on the map itself. Anyone else have this too?
    06-08-10 04:17 PM
    I just purchased a Storm 9530 (v5.0.0.419) for Bell on eBay and installed Google Maps 4.2. It will triangulate my position using the cell towers but it won't seem to use the internal GPS to show my exact position. The GPS seems to work fine with Blackberry maps and a couple of other applications that I have installed. I have tried different combinations of enabling or disabling the Location Data and Location Aiding in the GPS configuration but nothing seems to work. Anyone encounter the same problem and resolved it?
    Last edited by chammond; 07-03-10 at 09:54 AM.
    07-03-10 09:36 AM
    Ok. I tried changing the settings in Browser and re downloaded and it worked. It seems whenever I download anything from Google the Apps are sensitive to settings.

This is still now working for me. I am Dling thew the OTA does this need to be a hardwire installation with the cord? as well as what type of settings did you change to fix this problem.

For me the main things that are not working is that i can not scroll the map at all unless in compatibility mode. im just thinking that the touch screen function is not working. If these are some of the same problems that you were having.
    07-03-10 04:31 PM
    Not sure what you're doing wrong, try downloading using your bb browser! set app permissions and reboot/battery pull. The app works great!
    07-11-10 09:11 PM
    google maps is crap. I had version 3 and regrettingly took the upgrade to the latest version. After upgrading, I had a memory leak that forced a battery pull every day. I deleted google maps and now my storm is way more stable and I haven't done a battery pull in over a week, memory stays where it should be now.
    07-13-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD