Wondering if any one else here is experiencing a memory leak or OS instability with Latitude running in the background?

On multiple occasions, I've found my App Memory down below 4MB (sometimes under 1MB) and closing down the app had brought it back up to over 10-12MB.

Also on multiple occasions the BB had spontaneously rebooted (probably due to lack of memory).

I've pinpointed it down to this app mostly because I haven't run it (or only for a few minutes at a time) over the past few days for the most part and there haven't been any reboots or memory problems... but when I ran it today for about 3 hours, I was down to 4MB again.

Thanks!
    -m
    02-17-09 10:45 AM
    adding to that, does anyone know approximately how much data gmaps latitude uses if its kept on for an entire month?
    02-17-09 02:32 PM
    I seem to get more loading icons on the new version than the old one and I haven't even joined Latitude.
    02-17-09 02:34 PM
    using latitude seems to be a little slow.. no crashes or anything though.. just slower.. tho after you set everything up.. it seems to run ok.
    02-17-09 04:48 PM
    adding to that, does anyone know approximately how much data gmaps latitude uses if its kept on for an entire month?
    Isn't that really dependent upon your movements?
    02-17-09 05:42 PM
    using latitude seems to be a little slow.. no crashes or anything though.. just slower.. tho after you set everything up.. it seems to run ok.
    Same here. Prior to Lattitude, my memory was at 39MB -40MB all the time, but now i'm swimming around 29MB-30MB.
    02-18-09 09:41 AM
    And I find it kills your battery FAST if you keep lattitude running the background.
    02-18-09 01:09 PM
    wow<^> crazy stuff
    02-18-09 05:09 PM
    I've had a couple of "Out of Memory" errors and only while running Google Maps (w/Latitude registered). Causes errors and sometimes my Curve just reboots.

I'm running a Sprint Curve 8330 with OS 4.5.0.131.
    02-19-09 09:24 PM
    Should probably turn it on only when you need it, then. Are you running any other apps that could be a contributing factor?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 10:10 PM
    Normally I'm running Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger all the time. Sometimes I am also running Slacker for BB and sometimes not. These apps by themselves don't cause a great deal of memory decrease.
    02-19-09 10:37 PM
    Wondering if any one else here is experiencing a memory leak or OS instability with Latitude running in the background?

On multiple occasions, I've found my App Memory down below 4MB (sometimes under 1MB) and closing down the app had brought it back up to over 10-12MB.

Also on multiple occasions the BB had spontaneously rebooted (probably due to lack of memory).

I've pinpointed it down to this app mostly because I haven't run it (or only for a few minutes at a time) over the past few days for the most part and there haven't been any reboots or memory problems... but when I ran it today for about 3 hours, I was down to 4MB again.

Thanks!
    -m
    Yes! After downloading GoogleMaps yesterday, your post describes exactly what I'm experiencing. Low memory and spontaneous rebooting. I also suspect GM as being the culprit.
    02-20-09 12:05 PM
    Yes! After downloading GoogleMaps yesterday, your post describes exactly what I'm experiencing. Low memory and spontaneous rebooting. I also suspect GM as being the culprit.
    I'm on .237 also on my bold and i'm experiencing really low memory. i really think the memory is leaking. i've been having the same exact thoughts.
    02-21-09 02:48 AM
    i think the new google maps is amazing. (i think its comical how the GPS works better on a storm then on the google phone)
    02-21-09 08:52 AM
    Huge fan of Latitude but yes I do have also huge memory leak ever since I use it.
    And as what happens to apps that kill my memory after the Facebook app and Viigo kicked out in the past few months for the same reason I really would be sad to let Latitude go...
    02-22-09 08:58 AM
    I noticed my problems with GM+Latitude even when the program was not running; everything was stable on my Curve and I was running a steady 25-30MB file free. With Latitude even installed, as the only difference in my system from previously, my memory would continuously leak, sometimes getting as low as 10MB. I deleted GM completely, and I've had no serious memory fluctuations since. I just want my old version of GM back minus latitude.
    02-23-09 10:05 AM
    I also have the low memory problem with this newest version of google maps.

I don't know how to check my memory usage...
    03-04-09 04:52 PM
    3.0.2 is very disappointing !
    Memory leak ,lots of hourglass and battery drain
    03-04-09 09:57 PM
    I just went back to 2.2.2 voice
    03-04-09 11:13 PM
    I find I don't have many problems with it.

Do you guys move around much? How many friends do you have? I can see it loads photos for every friend so that might be part of the memory footprint.

I also guess I'm restarting all the time anyway *(I use the phone to test games I write.) How long does it take to run you out of memory?

HEhe, I guess I can't help but put my detective/programmer hat on when I see things like this.
    03-05-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD