Now with Latitude...

Official Google Blog: See where your friends are with Google Latitude

Havent tried it yet...my phone is rebooting (Needed to reboot to install)

You need to Visit google.com/latitude from your phones browser to download 3.0.0
    Last edited by Booie2k1; 02-04-09 at 04:18 AM.
    02-04-09 04:08 AM
    Latitude seems pretty fun. Going to have to wait a few days to test it properly since its not out on Android or iPhone yet and that's what all my friends seem to own, despite my objections
    02-04-09 04:17 AM
    Looks cool - thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 05:17 AM
    Yeah thanks for the post!

After seeing this post I saw a reuters and AP story on the latitude release. Seems like a pretty big deal for google.

Works good on my Bold
    02-04-09 05:26 AM
    Installing now, looks good!
    02-04-09 09:45 AM
    GPS still doesn't work on Verizon which makes this Lattitude app about worthless...
    02-04-09 10:37 AM
    Just downloaded it. It's awesome!
    02-04-09 10:49 AM
    GPS still doesn't work on Verizon which makes this Lattitude app about worthless...
    Not if you're a moron like me. I work in multiple offices some days for a car rental company, and i've lost cell phones before both by leaving it at an office or in a car that is subsequently rented. Latitude is GREAT since it will could at least tell me which office I left it at, or if a customer has it.
    02-04-09 12:08 PM
    Not if you're a moron like me. I work in multiple offices some days for a car rental company, and i've lost cell phones before both by leaving it at an office or in a car that is subsequently rented. Latitude is GREAT since it will could at least tell me which office I left it at, or if a customer has it.
    Very true. Just hope that all the rental companies are at least 3200 meters apart!
    02-04-09 12:16 PM
    where can i get this app
    02-05-09 04:53 AM
    m.google.com

Today already updated to 3.0.1 !!!
    02-05-09 06:43 AM
    anyone know if there's a way to add friends to this if you don't use google as ur primary email? I know u can do it manually but that would be REALLY time consuming as I don't know any of my friend's email addressed by heart!
    02-05-09 07:20 AM
    also, does anyone know if u have to actually open google mobile for it to show ur location or will it still work while the app is closed from ur phone?
    02-05-09 07:24 AM
    When you exit the google maps app on the device it gives you the option to either:

a: completely close the app and stop sharing your location

b: keep sharing location (I assume the app runs in the background)
    02-05-09 08:10 AM
    just saw that, thx! Yea, it looks like it just has to stay open in the background cause when u choose to exit and share, the program still stays open fully in the background (everyone, keep that in mind for memory issues). I guess its good too cause if u don't want to share ur where a bouts, u can just close out fully!

My only issue now is adding contacts. I have like 2 contacts on gmail and only none of those have a BB.

I hope there's an easier way to add friends instead of manually adding them 1 by 1
    02-05-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD