This should be good news for some Google Calendar users.. Google just released a small application that will sync your calendar contacts between Outlook and Google Calendar.

While not Blackberry specific, I know a lot of us use the Google Apps, so I figured it would be good to let you all know about this new feature.

Google Calendar Sync: Getting Started
    03-06-08 10:23 AM
    Doesn't help us Mac users...
    03-06-08 11:19 AM
    I have a just installed the software today, I have 8130, sofar it works great, I dont have outlook at home so syncing outlook to google calendars and vice versa is great. So far so good.
    03-06-08 11:07 PM
    yeah i tried this out too...works a treat and quite seamless
    03-07-08 03:24 PM
    so i just started using this today and i synced it but it doesnt put my preexisting calendar events from my bb to the online google calendar...why???
    03-07-08 04:00 PM
    Doesn't help us Mac users...
    for us mac users...try busysync.com. its the same function but made for mac
    03-08-08 04:28 AM
    Yeah I tried it. Google Sync for Outlook really sucks. It really only works well for personal users. Exchange users will have tons of problems. First it won't sync any meetings unless you jump through hoops to get your corp email attached to your gmail account so you login using your corp email (not hard to do btw). 2nd even then only half of my meetings came through.

It was a nice attempt but there are other 3rd party utils I have tried that work 100 times better. I am sure over time they will get it right.

Hey google I want to Sync my Contacts too! And with my Blackberry!
    03-08-08 12:41 PM
    I've been using this since last year, excellent! I had it on my 7100i and now on my 8130.
    03-09-08 12:35 PM
    Yeah I tried it. Google Sync for Outlook really sucks.
    I love Google. Use Gmail and a lot of their other apps.

I agree with you that Google Sync doesn't seem ready for prime time and could use some additional attention from the R&D group in Mountain View.
    03-09-08 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD