I create this nice spreadsheet in my google docs only to find out that I can't EDIT it on my blackberry.

All I want is a simple spreadsheet accessible across all my devices. Why does the iPhone get this stuff like editable docs before us!
    04-03-10 02:08 PM
    You can edit documents with Documents To Go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 02:19 PM
    yeah google doesnt like blackberries, thats why they developed apps for gmail, google voice, google maps, google sync etc, for blackberries
    04-03-10 02:19 PM
    yeah google doesnt like blackberries, thats why they developed apps for gmail, google voice, google maps, google sync etc, for blackberries
    Ahah Well said!

You'll never receive your email from a gmail account faster than on a BB. My Hero(hello Google android!) receive it 2-3 minutes later!

So I don't think Google don't like BlackBerry

04-03-10 02:29 PM
    are you kidding me? google loves blackbery. almost as much as android lol
    04-03-10 03:45 PM
    Do you have the premium docs to go? I believe that's the only way to edit documents on a BB. If you think google hates BB cuz of that then you don't have a clue on how your BB works.

04-04-10 02:52 AM
    Google wants world domination. Haha
    04-04-10 03:50 AM
    google doesnt like blackberries, google LOVES blackberries.

04-04-10 04:06 AM
    I create this nice spreadsheet in my google docs only to find out that I can't EDIT it on my blackberry.

All I want is a simple spreadsheet accessible across all my devices. Why does the iPhone get this stuff like editable docs before us!

Did you download the document to your Blackberry? Google docs is not an application that the Blackberry supports, but documents to go is, and should be able to edit the file. unfortunately it is the limitations of the BB browser keeping you from editing within googledocs.

it will be more trouble some using your BB for this.
    04-04-10 06:45 AM
    I use Dropbox (via Opera) and DocsToGo for this type of thing, but it really depends on your reasons for wanting to use an "online repository" type thing. In my case, I don't necessarily want to keep a bunch of docs on my BB, only key items - the rest I want to pull latest/greatest versions. Many times these latest or most updated are kept in my Dropbox for sharing purposes across multiple machines.

I simply pull down the desired document, reference it, edit if necessary, and then I re-load it to Dropbox from my BB. As deRusett suggests, this is a slightly clunky solution, but when in travel or other situations where firing up the laptop is either too inconvenient or simply not possible, it's a workable alternate solution to GoogleDocs.
    04-04-10 09:32 AM
    I use eoffice and have complete access to all my google docs

04-04-10 10:00 AM
    Do you have the premium docs to go? I believe that's the only way to edit documents on a BB. If you think google hates BB cuz of that then you don't have a clue on how your BB works.

Standard Docs2Go edits just fine. You cannot create new documents. (Keep a bank spreadsheet and work doc around and you can get around that limitation very easily.)
    04-04-10 10:18 AM
    Docs to go edits microsoft files, but it converts them into a new format. Only windows mobile can properly do what the OP wants.

That being said, OP I would beg to differ. Google has created a voice activated search app for bb, google maps, google voice, google talk, gmail app, an enhanced gmail plug in, google sync, and more all for the bb.

Well I'd say the only thing google loves more than a blackberry would be a google phone like a nexus or a droid.

What a horrible title for a thream.

04-04-10 10:47 AM
    People are offended? Good. Open your eyes the blackberry is not farther ahead than any other OS (not named Android).

Google Apps is the business side of google docs and therefore the documents are in the cloud.

Pretty freaking stupid to download, convert to docs to go, save, convert again and then upload if you ask me. Google apps and docs are editable on the Iphone.

* My gmail app is a full 2-3 minutes behind my push gmail on my blackberry.
    * I constantly have syncing issues with my contacts and calendars in google and my phone (I have 4 other clients with similar issues)

I want to use google docs on my phone to track mileage and time without pulling out a laptop while in the car.

Premium Google Apps also does not support editing on a blackberry. Only on the iPhone.
    04-09-10 10:34 AM
    Good. Get the iphone.

04-09-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD