I an a new BB user and the whole point of getting one was so that I could make client appts while I am out and about and therefore the calendar is really important to me. I originally wanted to sync my 8330 w/ google calender but I heard that you had to sync it through Outlook. So, I tried that first but my main outlook email is different than my gmail one. So, I added my gmail account to Outlook and the email part started working but my calendar wasn't syncing. Then, I realized you can sync the BB calendar straight to google calendar so I had google send me the link and I downloaded the sync info and still nothing. My calendar on the BB has no info on it. plus, it shows up as a day (where I can click to other days - no option to see a month) and it only shows and lets you add things from 9 am to 5 pm. No other times are available to see.

I am sure this is a dumb problem/question but I am really desperate at this point and need help. Anyone? TIA!
    09-03-08 08:57 PM
    I had the same problem until this morning. Click on the Sync icon and choose options. I think it was under general options. Choose 24 weeks. I kept looking for things in oct. and they were not there. It was set for 4 weeks out. After I did that, everything showed up. as far as seeing other days, move the trackball L/R and it will go through the days. Also, under options in BB calendar, change your display times. Mine was set for 9a- 5p from the factory. Change it to 11:59. Hope this helps
    09-04-08 08:22 AM
    make sure you have it set up to sync both ways on your computer and your bb google sync
    after that just manually sync each calender and you should be good
    09-04-08 10:50 AM
    I too am trying to configure the google calender on my blackberry. I have it working to sync from the google calender to my blackberry but I can not get it to sync from my blackberry to the google callender. I want to be able to add an event on my phone and have it sync to the computer, is this possible?
    09-07-08 08:50 PM
    I too am trying to configure the google calender on my blackberry. I have it working to sync from the google calender to my blackberry but I can not get it to sync from my blackberry to the google callender. I want to be able to add an event on my phone and have it sync to the computer, is this possible?
    yes this is possible, be sure that "2 way sync" is activated.
    09-07-08 08:52 PM
    yes this is possible, be sure that "2 way sync" is activated.
    Where is the option for "2 way sync"
    09-07-08 09:15 PM
    I just went looking for it and I feel silly, it doesn't exist, I must've been thinking of something else. Are you using Google Sync? Are you trying to sync items that were on your BB before Google Sync were installed?
    09-07-08 09:34 PM
    I've been having probs syncing from my BB to gcal too. It works fine from gcal to BB, I think the prob is with the latest ver of google sync, cause I never had probs syncing before

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 10:26 PM
    I'm having issues also. I added some of their additional stuff like US holidays,weather,sports schedules,tv show times, etc... And they show on my desktop but refuse to sync. I changed my time from 5pm to 11:59pm as suggested but still nothing. I also changed the options from 4wks to 24wks for the sync. I don't know what's wrong.

09-07-08 11:24 PM
    I found out how to fix this issue guys!! YOu just gotta resync on the handheld as per usual and it will sync back to your gcal on pc or web
    09-09-08 07:59 AM
    I've been having problems with Google Sync. I have a BB Pear 8120. It only sync my calendar events from gcal to my bb. It won't work visa versa - my bb to gcal and everytime i keep trying it just duplicates on my hand held what it already downloaded from gcal. Can someone please help? or Does anyone know of another application to sync my BB calendar with?
    09-09-08 10:22 AM
    I found out how to fix this issue guys!! YOu just gotta resync on the handheld as per usual and it will sync back to your gcal on pc or web
    I just tried by installing Google Sync, it is not sending my BB calendar apointments...past present or future, to my Google Calendar. It only brings in Gmail invited appointments, which I already had from viewing my gmail on my handheld.

How is this supposed to work 2way?
    09-24-08 10:44 AM
    Hope this helps. I installed Google Sync yesterday after realizing the Google Calendar only had meetings on it that I have been accepting through gmail and not the individual appointments i key into my handheld. With Google sync I kept trying to sync my handheld appointments to Google and nothing would change with each successful attempt. I deleted some events, then recreated them and synced successfully each time back to my Google calendar. I hated having to delete and recreate the same events but it worked with these Settings I used to work around this problem:

When to Sync = Automatic
    On conflicts = Handheld wins
    Sync events for next = 24 weeks

Sync these Calendars:
    MyGoogleUsername
    09-25-08 09:25 AM
    I had many issues with sync at first, but now seems to work quite well. My biggest issue was from bb to google. I noticed that I have two calendars on my bb. One for @gmail and one for @tmo.bb.com. I was adding events to my gmail calender on my bb and not the @bb calendar. These would not sync back to the online calendar. I then noticed that all events I entered online were showing up on tha @tmo.bb calendar. I started entering events on @tmo.bb calendar and they sync just fine now. This seems totally bassakwards to me, but whatever works. Anyone else notice the same?

09-25-08 09:44 AM
    Is google the easiest calender to sync with?
    09-25-08 10:02 AM
    Not trouble free any longer for me. I look at the "appointments" I set up that are "All day events; Occurring yearly" which happen to by my birthday and birthdays for close loved ones and they always jump back 5 hours so they start 7pm the previous day and end 7pm the day of on Google Calendar.

I only sync using the events, created on my handheld using that email address. But it seems like Google is molesting the info by using my GMT time offset of GMT-5 hrs (Eastern time) so it is setting this stuff to refer to GMT standard zone for start end times.

Any advice, my google calendar and my handheld are BOTH set to Eastern GMT-5...?
    01-12-09 03:08 PM
    Google Sync (BlackBerry Devices): BlackBerry to Google Calendar

Google Sync automatically uploads any changes you make to events on your handheld within a few minutes.

Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will by synced to your Google Calendar.

--Hope this helps
    01-18-09 06:51 PM
    [QUOTE=Lordsting;758374]Hope this helps. I installed Google Sync yesterday after realizing the Google Calendar only had meetings on it that I have been accepting through gmail and not the individual appointments i key into my handheld. With Google sync I kept trying to sync my handheld appointments to Google and nothing would change with each successful attempt. I deleted some events, then recreated them and synced successfully each time back to my Google calendar. I hated having to delete and recreate the same events but it worked with these Settings I used to work around this problem:

When to Sync = Automatic
    On conflicts = Handheld wins
    Sync events for next = 24 weeks

Sync these Calendars:
    MyGoogleUsername[/QUOTE

I'm still trying to figure out how to sync from my BB to show up on my gcal.
    I don't have the options ON CONFLICTS = HANDHELD WINS.
    Does anyone know of another way of fixing this.
    02-13-09 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD