Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I searched the forums and can't find my exact issue.

My husband and I both have Curve 8330s. We have google calendar set up with two calendars, one for him and one for me. Both of our phones are set up to sync both calendars, so anything he adds will be visible to me and vice-versa, plus both show up on our desktop. We don't use outlook or any client other than the online google calendar.

The problem is that periodically, for no apparent reason, one or both of the phones will stop sync-ing with the calendar. It mostly happens to him. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and all of that, and I can get it working again for a while, and then it will fail again.

Any ideas about why this keeps happening? It doesn't delete any appointments from the phone, it just doesn't update them to google. Nor are any appointments added from the desktop showing up on the phone. It is really frustrating- I just need the thing to work. Constantly having to double check and make sure the calendars are synced really defeats the purpose.

TIA for any help.
    12-07-10 05:23 PM
    If you want to try what has seemed to work for me... I've had this exact same problem and had deleted and re-installed Google Sync too many times. After doing some research I stumbled onto one suggestion that, so far, has seemd to work for me:

1) Go to your main menu.
    2) Choose your "Options" icon.
    3) Go to "Advanced Options".
    4) Go to "Applications"
    5) Scroll down to Google Sync.
    6) Press your menu button and go to "Edit Permissions".
    7) On the Connections, set it from Custom to Allow
    8) Save

It seems that there is some conflict if there is an automatic sync in progress and you make another data request... web, phone, etc. This is not pure science, and your mileage may vary.

Let me know if this works for you.
    12-08-10 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD