Question: I have multiple calendars on my blackberry (Group, gmail, vzw.blackberry) and I cant seem to choose which calendar I want my google calendar to go to. It seems to rather choose group, but I do not want my calendar on group.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    12-03-09 10:13 AM
    Your google calendar should sync with the google account you have set up on your phone.
    12-03-09 10:16 AM
    I figured, but for some reason it doesnt, Ill play with it some more... uninstall and reinstall I guess
    12-03-09 10:18 AM
    You have to default your Calendar to Gmail.

Go to Options, Adanced Options, Default Services, to change the setting.
    12-03-09 10:23 AM
    *EDIT* I typed too slow. leskchan got to it first

If I remember correctly, Google Sync works with whatever you have set as the default calendar under Options>Advanced Options>Default Services.

I have also noticed that any meeting request that I accept on my BB from my gmail address is automatically added to my Google calendar as well. I don't have Sync installed.
    12-03-09 10:28 AM
    you can delete the calendar service books for the email accounts that you do not maintain or care to keep a calendar for (i.e. i have sprint bis, hotmail and gmail email set up so i ended up with 3 CICAL service books. i deleted all of these to only have the unit's calendar remain and google sync updates this calendar).

by doing this you will no longer have multiple calendars available in calendar to select/view and everything is maintained on one.
    12-03-09 11:30 AM
    Has anyone successfully gotten Google Sync to sync multiple Gmail calendars? For example, a personal and work calendar without getting duplicate entries on the Blackberry device? My setup is:

1. Personal Email calendar through Gmail
    2. Work Gmail calendar that is shared with my personal calendar
    3. I add and edit all entries through my personal calendar
    4. My Default Services is set to my personal Gmail calendar

Also, Google Sync is reporting that another client has been adding events, but I cannot seem to figure out which client is doing this. I DO NOT have Facebook installed, and I turned of Calendar Sync in WorldMate.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    12-03-09 11:46 AM
    Yes, I sync 5 (max allowed) Gmail calendars successfully and accurately.

Are you running BB OS 5.0? Are you running the BIS native Google Sync or the genuine Google BB Sync app?

I am not 100% clear on your setup. Do you have personal calendar (Calendar 1) and work calendar (Calendar 2) resides within the same Gmail account?

I don't know what worldmate is, can you delete that?

To debug the problem, it's best to clean up calendar first. If you sign out of Google Sync App, it will delete all the Gmail-synced calendar off your BB (not your Gmail). What's left, if any, are orphaned calendar by others. If you don't need them, delete them off your BB. At this point, your calendar should be empty.

Now go to you BB Calendar, then Option, what Calendar list and color code do you see?
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-03-09 at 12:00 PM.
    12-03-09 11:55 AM
    Yes, I have a 9700 running v5.0. I am running BIS with native Google Sync. Is this your setup?

I have a personal calendar (Calendar 1) and a Google Apps work calendar (Calendar 2) that I have shared with my personal account.

OK, I will try cleaning the calendar.
    12-03-09 12:03 PM
    Yes, I have a 9700 running v5.0. I am running BIS with native Google Sync. Is this your setup?
    Okay, this could be your problem. The native BIS Google Sync is buggy and does not sync contacts. I would disable this feature and install the genuine Google BB Sync app instead.

I have a personal calendar (Calendar 1) and a Google Apps work calendar (Calendar 2) that I have shared with my personal account.
    OK, I will try cleaning the calendar.
    Google Sync works with 1 account only, so either your Gamil or Google Apps account. You just need to shared the calendars over to the right sync account according. Preferably the account with the contacts that you want to sync.

I forgot to ask. How many email addresses do you have setup on your BB. You need to default your calendar and email acount accordingly.
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-03-09 at 12:11 PM.
    12-03-09 12:07 PM
    OK, there was terminology confusion on my part. I am using Google's Google Sync application.

OK, the reason I was hoping that more than 1 could be synced is that I like to be able to distinguish the calendar entries by color. With your setup, you probably see the entries for all 5 calendars as a single color?

By the way, I noticed the "RSET" command while in Calendar->Options no longer works. The following message is displayed:

"There are no OTA Enabled calendars to reset."

Is there another way to clear the entries?

Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate it.
    12-03-09 12:21 PM
    I think the error indicates you are running the native BIS Google Sync. That's why you are getting duplicate entries. Check the status at your BIS account, is it on or off.

I have never tried. It doen't hurt to try. I would clean out your BB calendar first.

At Gmail and Google Apps, separate your calendars. Don't share them. We can share them later, but let work on 1 fix at a time.

I am assuming you have two emails setup on your BB.

Use BIS native Google Sync to sync your Google Apps calendar. Color 1
    Use genuine Google Sync app to sync your Gmail calendar. Color 2
    12-03-09 12:28 PM
    I think the error indicates you are running the native BIS Google Sync. That's why you are getting duplicate entries. Check the status at your BIS account, is it on or off.

I have never tried. It doen't hurt to try. I would clean out your BB calendar first.

At Gmail and Google Apps, separate your calendars. Don't share them. We can share them later, but let work on 1 fix at a time.

I am assuming you have two emails setup on your BB.

Use BIS native Google Sync to sync your Google Apps calendar. Color 1
    Use genuine Google Sync app to sync your Gmail calendar. Color 2
    I am on AT&T, and there does not seem to be a calendar sync. There is a Contacts Sync and a Deleted Items sync but neither of those are checked on my BIS account settings for either of my Gmail accounts.

Yes, both are setup on my BB

If I can find this BIS Native Google Sync - I will!
    12-03-09 01:31 PM
    Forgive me for cutting in here.....what do you mean by "BIS native Google Sync" and "genuine Google Sync app"??

I have had prob's with Sync in the past & finally stopped using it. When I used it, I downloaded Googly Sync directly from Google. Is that the genuine Google app? where is the BIS native Google sync app?

Again, sorry for hijacking the thread.
    12-03-09 01:36 PM
    I am not familiar with AT&T so I can't speak for the Sync. The only way to find if something is syncing is turn everything off.

Sign out of your Google sync app. Turn off the Worldmate thing.

Go to your Gmail/Goolge Apps account online, separate them. Put a test event in each account calendar.

Go to your BB phone calendar (it should be empty now right?). Put a test event for each email address.

Wait 10-15 minutes. Check all locations see if the events were synced at all. If yes, something is syncing in the background. If not, you are free and clear.
    12-03-09 01:40 PM
    Forgive me for cutting in here.....what do you mean by "BIS native Google Sync" and "genuine Google Sync app"??

I have had prob's with Sync in the past & finally stopped using it. When I used it, I downloaded Googly Sync directly from Google. Is that the genuine Google app? where is the BIS native Google sync app?

Again, sorry for hijacking the thread.
    No problem. Those are just my wordings to separate the two.

Your downloaded app is what I call the genuine Google Blackberry Sync App.

The native BIS Google Sync is built-into the BIS email service. This is only available for BB phone with an OS 5.0 or higher. So check your phone OS version.
    12-03-09 01:43 PM
    I'm on 4.7 (Tour) and I got the same error as the original poster when I tried the RSET command.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 01:54 PM
    I'm on 4.7 (Tour) and I got the same error as the original poster when I tried the RSET command.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Try a battery pull and/or resending the service book.
    12-03-09 01:56 PM
    i'm also having a problem with the calender on google sync app. I can't get anything to go either way. I have my hockey schedule on my BB and i have a pittsburgh penguins calender added to my google.com calender and i cant get either of them to move from internet to handheld or vice verca. The contacts work flawlessly though.
    12-03-09 01:59 PM
    i'm also having a problem with the calender on google sync app. I can't get anything to go either way. I have my hockey schedule on my BB and i have a pittsburgh penguins calender added to my google.com calender and i cant get either of them to move from internet to handheld or vice verca. The contacts work flawlessly though.
    I have found that I can't get any sports calendars to sync to my BB from gmail.
    12-03-09 02:02 PM
    What are you using to sync, BB Gmail Sync (native) or Google Gmail Sync app? What BB OS are you using?
    12-03-09 02:02 PM
    I have found that I can't get any sports calendars to sync to my BB from gmail.
    Same question

What are you using to sync, BB Gmail Sync (native) or Google Gmail Sync app? What BB OS are you using?
    12-03-09 02:06 PM
    I guess this just turned in to a Google calendar help forum... so might as well jump in... I've posted this on the google forums to no avail. maybe you can help...

I am running a 5.0 hybrid. I have three calendars that I would like to sync. BB, Work, and Gmail. My BB runs on BIS not BES.

-I have "genuine" google sync app that auto syncs in the background between my BB and my google calendar. Works flawlessly. NBD.
    -I have a work calendar I access through outlook on my PC. I would like to sync up this calendar on my BB as well. It's not integrated through BES so it doesn't sync automatically. I downloaded the google calendar sync program to my PC which supposivedly 2-way syncs the my google calendar and my work calendar. I have it set up that way. For some reason, the sync from my google calendar to work schedule works fine. Coming the other way, I only get appointments that were sent to me from outside my network.

Does this make sense? I've tried to troubleshoot but I just can't figure it out. Any other ideas on how I can sync all three? I do not get work e-mails on my BB. If it makes a difference, I only seemed to notice this issue after I started using resource scheduler on my outlook.
    12-03-09 02:08 PM
    Same question

My regular google calendar syncs perfectly using the genuine app. It's just the sports calendars that won't transfer over. I don't think they're considered part of your mail calendar.
    12-03-09 02:09 PM
    For some reason, the sync from my google calendar to work schedule works fine. Coming the other way, I only get appointments that were sent to me from outside my network.
    You lost me here. Please clarify.

I do not get work e-mails on my BB. If it makes a difference, I only seemed to notice this issue after I started using resource scheduler on my outlook.
    Have you tried adding your work email to your BB, just as a placeholder?
    12-03-09 02:13 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD