I am a NEW BB User, I have a question about Google Calendar Sync. I have synced my google calendar to my Tour, BUT I cannot figure out how to get infrom from the BB calendar to my google Calendar.

I have downloaded the google sync, but it only goes one way.

Can anyone help me with this!?!?!

Jessica
    01-13-10 01:27 PM
    Congrats on the new BB, and welcome to the club(?)!

You can synch both ways, but you need to attend to a couple of things first.
    1) Go to your Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services
    ensure that Both the Calendar and Messaging point to your same GMail address.

2) Start Google Sync, on your BB.
    - Click the menu button, and select Options
    - Verify the options, making sure that Sync Calendar is selected
    - Scroll down the Sync These Calendars, and Click on it to bring up the Select Calendars screen
    - select your Gmail addr for Add new handheld events...
    - make sure your Gmail addr is selected under My Calendars.
    exit out

3) Start Google Sync
    - click anywhere, and select Sync Now
    01-13-10 01:40 PM
    I have the same problem bb not updating gmail cal. I did not have a gmail account on bb just was syncing with gmail. I added the gmail to bb to have the option in default settings and chaged to gmail and checked options in sync. I get a message that google sync is disabled while bb is downloading but that message keeps occuring unless I do a battery pull.

Your tips worked and my sync is working... is there a way to show just one calendar all the time instead of all then go in to select the one I want?
    01-14-10 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the tips I am going to play with the settings more. I have a cal. for each email and a default.... can you delete them or set it to just show one.
    01-14-10 10:04 AM
    Sorry to change the subject just a tad, but I thought this thread was a good place to put another problem I have with my google Calendar and sync.

I have several calendars shared on my google Calendar/Sync. They all work fine for about 4-8 weeks. One of my shared calendars is a work calendar my offices uses to input vacation days, when the office is closed, etc. This is a calendar that my IT administrator in the office sends an invite to. About every 4-8 weeks it magically dissappears. I log into my calendar account/gmail account on my work computer and the Work Shared calendar is gone. My IT admin will then have to send me a new invite to access this shared calendar.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I'm one of the only people in the office that has a blackberry and google sync installed and I'm the only person in the office who's shared calendar keeps deleting. I'm not sure if these two things are connected.

Thanks!
    01-14-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD