Hi
    I have download the google sync appl for BB and i have a big problem...google calendar events won't sync to blackberry calendar , i tried couple of times,restarted it but nothing...what can i do?please help...

thank you
    10-19-10 10:21 AM
    Hi
    I have download the google sync appl for BB and i have a big problem...google calendar events won't sync to blackberry calendar , i tried couple of times,restarted it but nothing...what can i do?please help...

thank you
    What BlackBerry Model and OS version are you using?

Roland
    10-19-10 11:29 AM
    Hi

thank you
    What BlackBerry Model and OS version are you using?

Roland
    10-19-10 12:05 PM
    BB 8900,
    OS v 5.0.0.681
    10-19-10 12:09 PM
    BB 8900,
    OS v 5.0.0.681
    Have you tried using the Google sync feature of BIS 3,2 instead of using Google sync as I've found it tends to just work unlike Google Sync which I could only get to work with my Google Apps Domain account where as the BIS Google Sync works with Gmail/Google Apps and Google Apps Domain Accounts and doesn't take up space on your Berry?

Roland
    10-19-10 12:26 PM
    from where i can get BIS 3,2? is it an app? I havent heard of it...
    10-19-10 12:31 PM
    Good luck, that's all I can say. I've tried to get my BB to sync with both Google and Yahoo calendars. Simply does not work properly. Spent 2 days trying all sorts of different work arounds, nothing would work properly.
    10-19-10 12:40 PM
    from where i can get BIS 3,2? is it an app? I havent heard of it...
    BIS 3.2 is not an app as such. It's an app that runs on your carriers servers that gives you your push email.
    BB button > Settings > Email Settings gets you to the settings for your BIS Account, log in to email settings select you GMail account if it's set up in BIS and scroll down to Syncronization Options and select Calendar sync. Another way that I find easier is to login to BIS via a pc and setup the sync there. If you are on T-Mobile UK then it's T-Mobile BIS, Google your carriers BIS for other UK or Worldwide carriers
    Good luck, that's all I can say. I've tried to get my BB to sync with both Google and Yahoo calendars. Simply does not work properly. Spent 2 days trying all sorts of different work arounds, nothing would work properly.
    Are you trying to sync Yahoo calendar via BIS? I had to do a battery pull and setup Google Sync in BIS via my carriers website before Google would Sync via BIS.

Roland
    10-19-10 01:27 PM
    hi
    thanks for your reply.

i am on t-mobile uk,and did exactly what u said, but still i cant sync the bb calendar with google... dont understand why none of that two things( bis and google sync) works?
    10-19-10 02:15 PM
    hi
    thanks for your reply.

i am on t-mobile uk,and did exactly what u said, but still i cant sync the bb calendar with google... dont understand why none of that two things( bis and google sync) works?
    Have you tried adding an event to Google Calendar as from Google to BlackBerry Calender is virtually instentanious but it takes a while to go from BlackBerry Calendar to Google.

Are you using a standard Google Account or a Google Apps Domain Account, as Google Apps Domain Accounts seem to update straight away from BlackBerry Calendar to Google apart from having to refresh your web browser compared to BlackBerry to normal Google Apps Account?

I could never successfully get my standard google account to sync using Google sync would only work if I used my Googl Apps Domain Account?

Roland
    10-19-10 02:35 PM
    hi
    so i just added an event in google and it was shown straightaway at the BB calendar. so thanks for the advice!

But i am confused i have a Google Apps Domain Account and all the calendar is with events from my workplace for the whole year ahead,so how can i load them as well to be shown in the BB calendar? I dont understand why they dont appeared there... ?
    10-19-10 02:48 PM
    hi
    so i just added an event in google and it was shown straightaway at the BB calendar. so thanks for the advice!

But i am confused i have a Google Apps Domain Account and all the calendar is with events from my workplace for the whole year ahead,so how can i load them as well to be shown in the BB calendar? I dont understand why they dont appeared there... ?
    Is any of your Google Apps Work Calendar showing on your BB?

Roland
    10-19-10 03:04 PM
    no there arent any
    10-19-10 03:20 PM
    no there arent any
    Strange as my Google Apps Domain account from my personal Google Apps Domain is syncing fine with my BB.

Is your Google Apps Domain account from your employer or your own personal Google Apps domain?

Roland
    10-19-10 03:47 PM
    neither the Google Apps Domain nor my personal gmail account works for sync any information!! i dont understand why
    10-19-10 04:46 PM
    neither the Google Apps Domain nor my personal gmail account works for sync any information!! i dont understand why
    I also don't understand why as both of mine work for me. You might have got something set up different to me.

I can set you up with an account on my personal Google Apps Domain tomorrow to do more trouble shooting if you want?

It's got to be something simple that's miss configured, it's just going to be a pain in the a*s to work out what's not right though.

Roland
    10-19-10 04:51 PM
    i think my google callendar settings are miss configured.., because when i export the calendar, it does not export any of the events.
    And its full of events... so definatly the problem is in the google options, i dont know what i am not doing right.
    10-20-10 10:40 AM
    Google Sync will only sync new Calendar events. If you have existing events on either your BB or Google, they will not sync. One way I've gotten around this is to make the Google calendar as the "master" and make sure it has all the events already in it. Then clear all events from the BB calendar, THEN install and run Google sync. This works every time as the BB will see all events as new.
    10-20-10 11:25 AM
    Not trying to thread hijack or anything but has anyone ever seen the Gmail calendar sync option in BIS just show "Calendar not available: Create a calendar at your email provider to enable calendar synchronization for this email account." Removed and re-setup Gmail account in BIS, deleted and re-created calendar on Google, etc. Same results.
    10-21-10 07:00 PM
    how do I make Google calendar as the "master"?
    10-22-10 05:21 AM
    how do I make Google calendar as the "master"?
    Make sure it is 100% accurate and has all the calendar events you want to sync with your BB. Garbage in, Garbage out, so make sure you take the time now to make it right. Then clear your Blackberry calendar, load Google Sync and you should be good. Your BB will see all the events from Google as new and sync them properly. Backup, backup, always.
    10-22-10 08:59 AM
    i think my google callendar settings are miss configured.., because when i export the calendar, it does not export any of the events.
    And its full of events... so definatly the problem is in the google options, i dont know what i am not doing right.
    PM me your email address and I'll send you a screenshot of the settings that might need to be set to get it working.

Roland
    10-22-10 10:38 AM
    Not trying to thread hijack or anything but has anyone ever seen the Gmail calendar sync option in BIS just show "Calendar not available: Create a calendar at your email provider to enable calendar synchronization for this email account." Removed and re-setup Gmail account in BIS, deleted and re-created calendar on Google, etc. Same results.
    hi there, have you found any solution to your problem? i have the same issue too. please answer if you have, thanks
    04-30-12 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD