Does anyone know, from experience, if domains using Google Apps for email are automatically recognized as such? I'm using Google Apps for one of my domains and everything is setup properly. The only issue I have is that when I add the email in BIS, it tells me that it can't configure it. From what I understand, email addresses using Google Apps should be recognized like gmail addresses and work the same way.
    04-19-08 03:59 PM
    There can be a case that you can only configure email address related to google apps with your pop client
    Or the best way is to write to blackberry / google asking them the problem , somebody will get back to you on this.
    04-19-08 05:20 PM
    Negative, the only information I have found on the internet is at least 6 months old. There is nothing recent on using Google Apps for your domain email addresses. The information I did find says that you need to call your provider and have them escalate you to RIM support where you can request that your domain be added to some special "table" so that any emails added with that domain act exactly like gmail addresses.

My question is, has this changed in the last 6 months or so? A recent post at blackberryforums suggests that it has but it's not working for me. I just want my domain emails that I'm using with Google Apps to work exactly like my gmail account which is instant push.
    04-19-08 05:35 PM
    Try to add the account as a regular pop account not as a gmail account. After you finish the setup it will work with push email as a regular gmail account. It works great, my work account is google apps and is fery FAST and reliable.
    04-19-08 06:52 PM
    I've already tried both POP and IMAP setup and they both sucked. I will give it another try but this is lame.
    04-19-08 06:54 PM
    Ok, I tried POP again and I know it's working because I do receive my emails. However, I sent an email from a hotmail account to a gmail account setup in BIS and to an email account setup using Google Apps using POP in BIS. My gmail account got the email instantly, as expected. The one going to my account using Google Apps and setup with POP in BIS hasn't arrived and it's been 12 minutes. This is no good. Also, using POP, when I delete on my BlackBerry it doesn't delete on gmail like it does when using a gmail account.
    04-19-08 07:44 PM
    My curve get my google apps domain emails instantly (just like my gmail account) and yes it was recognized right away. Make you you are using the "next gen" of it (which you can check in the admin settings).

Look at my experience in this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/goog...h-email-30122/
    04-19-08 10:16 PM
    Still no go for me. I logged in and made sure that "Next Generation control panel" was checked as well as "Turn on New features" in the Google Apps control panel.

My @gmail.com email address is just recognized in BIS, I dont need any POP or IMAP info. @mydomain.com email addresses should work the same but they don't, I have to use POP or IMAP which is not pushed.

Could this have anything to do with not having the MX and/or CNAME records set properly? Everything works properly so I seriously doubt that's the problem. Maybe the MX records haven't propagated to RIMs servers yet?

This is seriously irritating me because I thought I was going to be able to offer PUSH email for some users.
    04-19-08 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD