Google Apps seems to have disappeared. I had it installed on my Tour and now want to put it on my Storm 2, but the links run you around in a circle.

They tell you to download it from here;
    Google Search for your phone

But that just shows up as a search page
    01-16-10 11:36 AM
    It takes me to the google mobile apps download, seems to work just fine. It is set to auto send u to the right download for ur device, do u have ur browser set to the blackberry option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 12:54 PM
    ok, it must think I still have google apps on there then. Interesting. I had it on a Tour. I switched Tours due to a track ball problem. The app never got re-installed as I couldn't find it. Then I did a device move to the Storm 2. Guess I will have to dig around in desktop manager and see if I can see it showing up.

Thanks for the heads up. At least I have an idea.
    01-16-10 11:55 PM
    Just browse to m.google.com and download it OTA. Google released a new revision last week (worth upgrading!) and I think this is the only way to get it (even if you already have Google Mobile App) If you do that and you still can't find it, you will need to look through the folders on your BB.
    01-17-10 08:41 AM
    That is kinda the point. When I browse m.google.com, it just shows a search page. Nothing to download. Meaning it believes the app is already on the phone. Have to figure that out.
    01-17-10 12:03 PM
    The link you posted in your original post was m.google.com/search. Don't use the /search part. When I go to m.google.com and scroll down just a bit, I see "Download Google Mobile App", even though I already have it on my phone. You could also try going to google.com/mobile on your PC, and send a link as a text message.

Even if it's already on your phone somewhere, you will want the newest version (released ~1/14/10).
    01-17-10 01:03 PM
    the new one is not storm compatible yet
    01-17-10 06:28 PM
    the new one is not storm compatible yet
    Now that makes sense...but still strange. I wonder why Google doesn't put up a link for the old version in the meantime? Maybe it never worked for the Storm?

Sometimes it's good not being on the cutting edge, with my Curve!
    01-17-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD