Is there any good weather apps for the Storm? I have the accuweather one that puts an icon onto your blackberry so you can see the weather and have it pushed to the device. Is there a better one? This one takes almost all day (till 6 pm) to get me the day's forcast at that points it's not worth it anymore.
    07-05-09 11:15 PM
    Weatherbug is free. Link is in the Storm Apps sticky in the 3rd Party Apps subforum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 11:17 PM
    I will try it out thank you!
    07-05-09 11:19 PM
    I will try it out thank you!
    Weatherbug is good...I use it...another good one if you don't mind spending a little dough is BerryWeather...it comes with free trial...I really like that one.
    07-05-09 11:33 PM
    Weatherbug is free. Link is in the Storm Apps sticky in the 3rd Party Apps subforum.

Isn.t this will cause battery drain? read somewhere
    07-06-09 01:26 AM
    I use simpleweather. It puts an icon on that has a pic of the current conditions, temp, the high and low. Also, if you click on it it takes you to weather.com.t is worth the buck or two!

07-06-09 03:05 AM
    I prefer weather eye. Free. Weather icon with current conditions. From there you can pull up short and long term forecast.

07-06-09 04:26 AM
    I haven't had the bad issues everyone seems to have with weatherbug. To me it seems to be the best free weather app by far.
    07-06-09 05:30 AM
    Just got done with the trial period of berryweather...best weather app I've used by far!! (I've tried accuweather, weathereye, weatherbug, weather.com, and a couple of others I cant think of the name of). Really wanted a free app but it's such a nice app I will be purchasing it sometime this week for sure!
    07-06-09 05:46 AM
    Just got done with the trial period of berryweather...best weather app I've used by far!! (I've tried accuweather, weathereye, weatherbug, weather.com, and a couple of others I cant think of the name of). Really wanted a free app but it's such a nice app I will be purchasing it sometime this week for sure!
    E
    What are its advantages over wb?

07-06-09 07:49 AM
    Personally, I felt it had several advantages. The way it was laid out was perfect for my taste. I'm refering to the range of options available for viewing on its homescreen. Hourly, daily, compact, full, etc. The animated radar was a feature that I LOVED. And it seemed to have very little effect on my memory. It is just an overall clean and well thought out app imo. I have only spent money on one app so far since I've had my storm but this is definitely going to be number 2!
    07-06-09 08:29 AM
    Isn.t this will cause battery drain? read somewhere
    If you leave WeatherBug set to use GPS location and update every 15 minutes, then yes it will cause memory and battery issues as it spends so much time looking for satellites and downloading updates. I personally turn off the "My Location" feature, preset my home and work locations, and have it set to update hourly. No major issues with that setup.
    07-06-09 08:49 AM
    I prefer weather eye. Free. Weather icon with current conditions. From there you can pull up short and long term forecast.

what he said...

the weather section of my VZNav also works well too..
    07-06-09 09:14 AM
    I downloaded Weatherbug and did what DeaconBlue said he does. Havn't noticed any issues yet. (thank you!)

Now trying to figure out how to delete the accuweather one since it's not in my application list.
    07-06-09 09:41 AM
    i use berryweather works great for me
    07-06-09 04:05 PM
    I like WeatherBug.
    07-07-09 12:51 AM
    I haven't had the bad issues everyone seems to have with weatherbug. To me it seems to be the best free weather app by far.
    I'll second that^
    07-07-09 02:12 AM
    I'll second that^
    same here, i just hate the stupid ad banner that they loaded on the new version...and when i had the old version it kept popping the update prompt everytime i opened weatherbug...ughh...
    07-07-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD