What's a good weather application? I'm already using berryweather but was wondering is there one better. I was thinking about getting Verizon weatherbug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 08:10 PM
    BerryWeather consistently gets cited here as the best weather app.

I have tried nearly all of them both paid and free and I now only have BerryWeather on my phone.
    02-09-11 08:25 PM
    BerryWeather is the best I've seen.
    Good Luck
    02-09-11 08:29 PM
    BerryWeather is probably the best weather app, paid or free. Some will disagree, but most will agree on this. I have tried several, and I only use BerryWeather now.
    02-09-11 08:32 PM
    yea i use BerryWeather too. infact, i think its on sale today 50% off.
    02-09-11 08:49 PM
    BerryWeather is great for looks, but WeatherBug is great for content. Themes or weather? Accurate, descriptive weather for free? For me it's a no-brainer. WeatherBug all the way.
    02-09-11 09:33 PM
    There is a lot to like about Be Weather, I`ve just found it`s local temps are not very accurate, and by a bunch.
    Last night for instance, real temps: -2 w/c -5
    Be weather said 18 feels like 11.
    Others really seem to love this and I haven`t heard anyone else mention it, so I figure it`s just something with my location.
    02-09-11 10:12 PM
    There is a lot to like about Be Weather, I`ve just found it`s local temps are not very accurate, and by a bunch.
    Last night for instance, real temps: -2 w/c -5
    Be weather said 18 feels like 11.
    Others really seem to love this and I haven`t heard anyone else mention it, so I figure it`s just something with my location.
    Mine's either dead-on or a degree off. Might check and see if the reporting station is accurate.

02-09-11 10:18 PM
    I was going to suggest changing to a different station nearby. I had issues with one here, and swapped to one really close to it, and it is spot on.
    02-09-11 10:19 PM
    I kno this about the weather app but what theme are you using @Matrix Leader?

02-09-11 10:26 PM
    As I've read in other threads concerning BerryWeather, the current conditions, not the forecast, will reflect how attentive the person is that is operating the neighborhood station (unless it's the airport or some official station.)

The person operating the station near me is Jolly-On-The-Spot.
    So I consider myself lucky.

BTW: WeatherBug in our neighborhood is 4 degress off most of the time. I use it on my desktop but choose a station that is farther way that reflects more accuratuately the conditions close to me.

Unfortunately, WeatherUnderground doesn't have a desktop version.

Good Luck
    02-10-11 08:12 PM
    I use weather eye, it's free and seems to have most of the features of berryweather.
    02-10-11 08:40 PM
    I keep reading about this BerryWeather, yet when I search for it on my BlackBerry App World it doesn't seem to be there. Is 'BerryWeather' a colloquial name for it or is it just not available in the UK?
    02-13-11 09:59 AM
    Is 'BerryWeather' a colloquial name for it or is it just not available in the UK?
    It's listed on App World as "BeWeather".
    02-13-11 11:27 AM
    Ever notice that in App World, no applications have the word "Berry" in them? Interesting. BeBuzz = BerryBuzz. BeWeather = BerryWeather.
    02-13-11 02:54 PM
    Ever notice that in App World, no applications have the word "Berry" in them? Interesting. BeBuzz = BerryBuzz. BeWeather = BerryWeather.
    That's because no 3rd party app is allowed to have the word "berry" in their title in Appworld, if I'm remembering correctly.

02-13-11 04:56 PM
    I was thinking that I had heard that somewhere, maybe even here on this forum.
    02-13-11 05:17 PM
    I was thinking that I had heard that somewhere, maybe even here on this forum.
    I'll second that, almost certain it was on here sonewhere.. I'm just being lazy and not looking lol

02-13-11 09:11 PM
    I keep reading about this BerryWeather, yet when I search for it on my BlackBerry App World it doesn't seem to be there. Is 'BerryWeather' a colloquial name for it or is it just not available in the UK?
    BerryWeather is a Bellshare app, here's where to get it.

Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps
    02-13-11 10:18 PM
    i dont really c the point in buying a weather app... if u are looking for a free solution to having the desktop weather background... look at weather plus... personally im loving the new Accuweather app for blackberry (u need to change application permissions to allow all) and then it works perfectly
    02-14-11 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD