I'm looking for a good spoken turn navigation app for the Bold 9650 for Verizon Wireless. I'm not interested in google maps or any other app that requires me to look at the phone to figure out where I'm going. None of the free apps I found was any good at all and it seems all of the good paid apps are not compatible with this device.

I've perused the forums but most of the relevant threads are old.

So, out of desperation, I am appealing to this community to recommend any decent navigation system for this device, if any such thing exists. If not, then at least I'll know for sure. Any assistance you render will be greatly appreciated.
    09-18-11 06:10 PM
    VZ Navigator, $9.99/month
    Garmin Mobile, $99/one time fee

Others will have more suggestions. Those are what I used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bfaling likes this.
    09-18-11 06:13 PM
    Try Lifeinpocket, its not to bad and its free.
    09-20-11 08:13 AM
    VZ Navigator, $9.99/month
    Garmin Mobile, $99/one time fee

Others will have more suggestions. Those are what I used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Those are the best two by far.
    bfaling likes this.
    09-20-11 09:33 AM
    I'd love for RIM to update Blackberry Maps with audible turn by turn. That would be an awesome feature!
    09-20-11 09:35 AM
    Try amAzeGPS.

It is no longer free, but of all the different GPS programs I have used, I liked it the best...found it to be very accurate and well done.

Disclosure: Due to extensive feedback I gave in the development of this program, I was given a free 1 year subscription that expired last year. While I have not renewed my subscription, I still would recommend the program because of its 1) accuracy; 2) features; and 3) flexibility in choosing detailed views of maps (2D vs. 3D, zoom, street names, ETA and mileage to destination).
    09-20-11 10:07 AM
    I prefer a separate GPS.
    09-20-11 10:12 AM
    QuickFind by NikkiSoft, the makers of QuickLaunch, is a GPS Navigation app for only $3.99 one-time fee with turn-by-turn voice directions. I do not find it as good as VZ Navigator or Garmin Mobile, but it is much cheaper and well worth trying out to see if you like it.
    09-20-11 10:32 AM
    09-20-11 04:44 PM
    sprint navigation is pretty good and is essentially Telenav.
    09-20-11 10:31 PM
    I've used the garmin app. At one time there was a discount from blackberry loung ut I do not know if that still exists. it is reasonable. As someone mentioned standalone gps are proba ly easier to use with mor festures. I really like my tomtom.
    09-20-11 10:44 PM
    I prefer a separate GPS.
    While the Garmin app comes close to a standalone GPS, nothing out there at this time can actually duplicate all the bells and whistles of a dedicated device. I've tried them all and was most impressed with the Garmin app on my BB. But when you put that side by side with a real Garmin Nuvi there is no comparison. I can load Points of Interest on the Nuvi that will alert me when I'm in range of a speedtrap, redlight camera, rest stop, Starbucks, almost anything you can think of someone has created a POI file for. Then there's the screen size factor. Having a large screen for your maps is really essential, especially when you're fast approaching a complex interstate junction.

Not trying at all to knock down any of the products out there, just some points to consider if you rely on GPS functionality when you drive.
    bfaling likes this.
    09-21-11 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD