Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blacklac
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Golf enthusiasts we need Golf Logix for OS7 devices!

Calling all golf enthusiasts with OS7 devices!

The Golf Logix App doesn't not currently work with our devices. I emailed support and they said to put in a request to have my device added which I did. They also stated they needed enough requests to do so.

SO...if you have this app from a previous device and wish to transfer it to your new OS7 device or want to get it for the first time please hit this link ( GolfLogix: #1 Golf GPS App for iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry, Palm; the best GPS rangefinder ) and put a request in for them to add our device to the list of compatible devices.

I had this on my Storm2 9550 and loved it. Now I'd like to use it on my 9930 to check yardages and record my stats.

Here are the app features for those who aren't familiar with it ( GolfLogix: #1 Golf GPS App for iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry, Palm; the best GPS rangefinder ).
    7250 -> 8703e -> Curve 8330 -> Storm2 9550 -> Bold 9930 -> Z10 10.2.1.2122|16GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

Also need many of the other Golf apps updated; iGolf and Swing by Swing are not supported either.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I agree. I am irritated that my $20 member upgrade fee is being wasted at the moment with Golf Logix since it isn't compatible with my 9930.

It was a great GPS distance range finder for only $20/year. Not to mention you can use it to keep your score and any stats you desire like GIR, Driving accuracy, putts, etc.
    7250 -> 8703e -> Curve 8330 -> Storm2 9550 -> Bold 9930 -> Z10 10.2.1.2122|16GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    PIN
    ;-)

I used this app with my torch worked great, wish it was avaliable for my 9900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mohawk rcer; 09-26-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk rcer View Post
    I used this app with my torchworked great, wish it was avaliable for my 9900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well...if we can get enough people (or email addresses) to submit requests to the link I posted above they will update the app for the 9900/9930. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult. They just need to optimize it for the screen size and then OS7 which shouldn't be that much different that OS6 for the app. I could be totally wrong though.

I would think the new Torch 9810 would see it soon since they already have it for the old Torch and just need the OS7 compatibility.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    PIN
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by skynny70 View Post
    Well...if we can get enough people (or email addresses) to submit requests to the link I posted above they will update the app for the 9900/9930. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult. They just need to optimize it for the screen size and then OS7 which shouldn't be that much different that OS6 for the app. I could be totally wrong though.

I would think the new Torch 9810 would see it soon since they already have it for the old Torch and just need the OS7 compatibility.
    i emailed them about os7 a couple weeks back,i havent herd anything back from them yet.
    crackel berry pop
    CrackBerry Addict

I contacted iGolf about 2 or 3 weeks ago regarding this as well. They sent this reply:

"We do not offer a mobile app that is compatible with that phone (9810). We will announce all updates in the Blackberry app world for our app."

So I guess when they start losing customers because of lack of support, they'll get the app updated.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hopefully more and more golfers will view this thread and take action for this app and the others mentioned in the thread.

Everyone put in those OS7 device requests!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Bump....excuse me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Golflogix New Device Request

Upon request, Golflogix sent me a link to a site where you can request new devices to be supported.

If many put in the request it might help to get OS7 support faster.
    www,golfgps,com/Request_Phone,aspx

Also, here is the link for a beta for SwingBySwing for OS7. It is a rudimentary implementation and way from nice compared to the iOS solution but it works.
    download,swingbyswing,com/bb6/swingbyswing,jad

Replace the commas with points as I am not yet allowed to post links.

Good luck
    Thanked by 2:
    Blacklac (10-25-2011),  skynny70 (11-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,264 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBX_Believer View Post
    Upon request, Golflogix sent me a link to a site where you can request new devices to be supported.

If many put in the request it might help to get OS7 support faster.
    www,golfgps,com/Request_Phone,aspx

Also, here is the link for a beta for SwingBySwing for OS7. It is a rudimentary implementation and way from nice compared to the iOS solution but it works.
    download,swingbyswing,com/bb6/swingbyswing,jad

Replace the commas with points as I am not yet allowed to post links.

Good luck
    Thanks for the links. I just requested support for the 9860 and Playbook. I figured, why not for the Playbook. If they make a QNX compatible App now, it will be ready for phones once BBX launches. I have no problem taking my Playbook on a golf cart! Ive done it before to take swing video's.
    Lumia 1020 - WP 8
    32GB Playbook - OS 2.1
    Thanked by:
    clowrym (06-29-2012) 
    clowrym likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I just left golflogix because it wasn't working with my Bold (it was at first, but the last 2 months it wasn't, kept having to toggle back and forth from hole to hole, then it would freeze up), just got a 9810 and learned they do not offer service, but are working with it.

I went on the website to request it, in the meantime I went with BBGPS and used it last weekend, it worked great, basic, but I actually like it better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

perhaps a competetive product might prompt some action.

i used GPS Golf on a Storm2 for free. they are supposedly upgrading to OS7.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Thanks to everyone who has put in an OS7 device request at the Golf Logix website. Keep sending them in people!
    CrackBerry Addict

just a heads up, the nRange Golf GPS app works as well on the 9810, So I assume it will work on OS7 devices.
    Thanked by:
    skynny70 (11-30-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

I loved the Golflogix app. I am being patient since here it isn't golf season yet but I'm hoping to see OS7 updates soon. Every time I receive an email from any golf source I use it as a reminder to submit another request for OS7 devices. Here is the link (replace the commas with points since I too cannot post links yet): www,golflogix,com/Request_Phone,aspx
    CrackBerry Newbie

I exchanged emails with GolfLogix this week. The response I received was "at this time we have no estimate when a version to support this device will be available. You can submit a request....blah, blah, blah"

I am really pretty toasted at these guys. I lost the better part of a year of subscription, as no refund is available.

Keep lighting them up.....
    CrackBerry User

Now that spring is here I thought I would post a reminder to the CrackBerry golfing community that we need your help! Please send requests in to GolfLogix for OS 7 support. Here is a reply that I came from their "support team"

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. Our software developers are working on the new application of the Blackberry's. As of right now the application is not available for that phone. The following website will allow you to request a phone that you would like our application to be available for, as well as, applying to be a beta tester. We are basing our future development on customer demand.

GolfLogix: #1 Golf GPS App for iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry, Palm; the best GPS rangefinder

Also, if you visit http://www.golfgps.com/Smartphones.aspx you can see what phones we currently have available and ones that are coming soon.

For further assistance, please call our customer service department directly at 1-877-977-0162 option 1. We are open Monday - Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00PM Arizona Time, Thursdays 9:00AM to 4:00PM.

We are interested in learning more about your experience with our products and services. Please take one minute to complete our brief survey.

Regards,

GolfLogix Customer Support
    CrackBerry User

I didn't get an email update, but was just on the GolfLogix website and noticed that OS 7 devices are on there!! I just downloaded the app to my BB 9850. Hopefully I'll get to play a round and test it out later this week.

For those of you who have submitted the OS 7 requests, Thank you!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Now if we can just get it added for the Playbook!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Just wondering if anyone using an OS7 device has an issue with the screen not dimming.... or staying dim? Both my 9810 & 9860 have the same issue.. The screen won't dim while using Golflogix, wether it be the backlight timer, or the standby button, the backlight just turns back on seconds after its dimmed......leaving me with a dead battery by about the 14th hole!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I hope I get a response as this is 7 months later. But after my Golfligix app went through a few hiccups that seem to work themselves out it started working perfectly. Then here recently I started having the same problem as you with the phone (Blackberry 9810) not dimming. Any ideas? Have they come up with a solution yet?
    CrackBerry User

I have a 9850 and haven't come across a dimming issue. The only problem I would randomly run into is freezing of the App which would require a battery pull. It wouldn't let me continue the round so I would have to start a new round and fill in the scores for previous holes. Also, have been watching the website. It looks like they are getting requests for BB10 devices. They have added it to the request a device drop down menu. (Last week it wasn't in the drop down, just had to add a new request). Here is the link for the request site -- GolfLogix: #1 Golf GPS App for iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry, Palm; the best GPS rangefinder -- Can't wait to get my Z10 here in the US!