Does anyone know of a good golf app to use with the storm, one that does on-course scoring and stats, similar to, or compatible with OOBGolf?
    01-09-09 12:06 PM
    Check out GreenFinder. It got pretty solid reviews and has a free trial. Just google "greenfinder blackberry". It'll be the top link.
    01-09-09 12:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/st...=Golf+on+Storm

This should have all the info you need. Please post any results particularly concerning course maping and ease.
    01-09-09 12:26 PM
    (also posted on BB GPS thread)
    Ok, Lets compile all the golf apps for Blackberry we know of on a thread here, maybe Sticky it if we have enough. Add on to the list

1.) BBGPSgolf
    2.) Golftraxx
    3.) Greenfinder
    04-06-09 11:37 PM
    Go to the app thread maybe?
    04-06-09 11:42 PM
    BBGPSGOLF for me
    ashworth likes this.
    04-06-09 11:42 PM
    04-07-09 05:37 AM
    Has anyone tried out the new MTT Golf Caddy GPS on Appworld yet?
    05-26-09 02:58 AM
    I use intelligolf (which I would give a B). It's a good app tracks scores, handicap, shot, yardage (both shot yardage and yards to "object"). You have to buy eagle version to get all the features and yes it's a little on the expensive side. They do include a very nice tool though to add golf courses GPS locations with it though.

It's interface is not really designed for the storm, it works but it was clearly not designed for touch screen in my mind (which is why it doesn't get an A)
    05-26-09 05:01 AM
    bbgpsgolf you con't go wrong it's free and always improving. Does way more than most paid apps too.
    ashworth likes this.
    05-26-09 09:15 AM
    I have used the following:

Intelligolf...it was ok & worked well. It has a one time up front fee. My problem is it was lacking in available golf courses. You do have the ability to map the course though.

bbgpsgolf....great free program. Can easily map courses. I did a couple. However I had issues with it out on the course and wasn't 100% reliable. I think it is a work in progress & free. I just don't have time to map courses.

greenfinder....currently use it, and it has worked flawless for me. Have never been at a course that wasn't accurately mapped. I would guess I have played 15 courses in several parts of the country this year. I think it let you have trial of 5 uses, and then it is an annual fee of I think $39 a year. To me, that is not much since I golf a lot. It gives you green center/front/back readings, and normally has several fairway items marked such as bunkers, water, etc..

I have tried all 3. For free...bbgpsgolf. For paid service, greenfinder is Awesome.
    05-26-09 10:39 AM
    I guess it depends on what you want the app to do.

If you are looking for a GPS range finder than the other apps are fine, but a score keeper shot tracker... Intelligolf was the best I found (although this discussion has me thinking about making my own).

Dave
    05-26-09 11:18 AM
    I guess it depends on what you want the app to do.

If you are looking for a GPS range finder than the other apps are fine, but a score keeper shot tracker... Intelligolf was the best I found (although this discussion has me thinking about making my own).

Dave
    That would be awesome! If you do, can I request you make it so it can integrate with OOBGolf.com??
    05-26-09 01:44 PM
    golf logix is coming out w/ an app soon. Should be by the end of the month. They have a garmin device on the market comparable to skycaddy. They have a database of 24,000 mapped courses. Looks like it will be the best out there for smart phones. I believe it is already available for the curve. It also has a $39 a year membership, but it will keep track of your stats online. Same as using a golf gps device but w/o the upfront $300.
    07-28-09 03:27 PM
    golf logix is coming out w/ an app soon. Should be by the end of the month. They have a garmin device on the market comparable to skycaddy. They have a database of 24,000 mapped courses. Looks like it will be the best out there for smart phones. I believe it is already available for the curve. It also has a $39 a year membership, but it will keep track of your stats online. Same as using a golf gps device but w/o the upfront $300.
    I saw this! It looks pretty good. If anyone has been using this, let me know what they think. Also if it integrates with OOBGolf. I really hate the idea of paying $39/yr but you pay for what you get. If its worth it I'll do it. For now, I've been learning to work with BBGPSgolf on my Storm. Not perfect, but not bad. And it keeps club distances.
    07-28-09 06:51 PM
    TeeDroid Mobile Phone Golf Caddy System

TeeDroid Golf allows you to post your score to oobgolf from your phone. (At least is says you can in their FAQ's).

I use BBGPSGolf and GreenFinder as I am just interested in the yardages.
    07-29-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD