Not ready for prime time yet. I'm running 5.0.0.190 and that may be the problem...but what I've experienced thus far is a deal breaker, i.e., no way to delete mistakes. I tried to load a web site to one of the squares on the first page...it failed to connect, and now the error message is permanently in the square. No way to delete it that I can find. Same with history, bookmarks, etc. Once there, always there. Really miss the BB menu key functions, too. Drop down tool bar doesn't have enough. Guess I'll wait for the next one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just read your post when I was about to post my own note about the browser not working on my 8900 running 5.0.0.190. It installed OK, but when I fire it up (even after a battery pull), all I see is the top title bar of the browser window. I can press the menu button, and the top bar changes to ostensibly let me select a "tab", but aside from that change -- I can do NOTHING - can't load a page, can't see any menu choices, etc. Simply sits there, unusable for me.

I may experiment some more -- but so far, it doesn't appear to be very compatible with 5.0.0.190 on the 8900...
    09-16-09 09:47 PM
    awesome, didn't even know this was out yet. Thanks!
    09-16-09 11:44 PM
    I didn't have this problem last night but suddenly now when I open opera and put in a url it does nothing.

I've tried to press the trackball instead of enter and everything it jst sits in the main screen with all the boxes

If I click on a box it goes to it fine however if I manually enter in an adress it does nothing

What's going on ?
    Same here. Worked fine all day. Now, nothing.
    09-17-09 12:15 AM
    i love opera. why is it that the BB browser is soooo slow. is there a way to make it run faster?
    09-17-09 12:17 AM
    Maybe it's me, or my Tour/OS, or whatever but I am equally unimpressed with OM5 as other seem to be elated. Just don't get it. Poor graphics, font style ignored, no BB button, delete kills your ENTIRE entry (not just the letter you want to remove) no back function... totaly made my cheerios soggy
    Last edited by nodope; 09-17-09 at 12:49 AM. Reason: typos
    09-17-09 12:43 AM
    ive noticed that sometimes no images will load at all even after restarting the browser. theres no pattern that i can see as to when itll happen and what the cause is.
    09-17-09 12:49 AM
    Maybe it's me, or my Tour/OS, or whatever but I am equally unimpressed with OM5 as other seem to be elated. Just don't get it. Poor graphics, font style ignored, no BB button, delete kills your ENTIRE entry (not just the letter you want to remove) no back function... totaly made my cheerios soggy
    The back arrow key will take you back a page. So will one of those little arrows at the top - the one pointing left... ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 01:17 AM
    I Love Opera 5!! Its The Best! Just Upset That It Doesnt Have Java!!!
    It doesn't have Java because it runs inside Java.
    09-17-09 10:39 AM
    I just tried to load the mobile edition of the New York Times on both Opera 5 and my 8900 BB browser. It was MUCH faster loading on the native BB browser. The Opera 5 has some eye candy slickness but really that's just putting lipstick on a pig.
    I don't get it. Other people are reporting that it's much faster, and it should be, considering that it compresses everything up to 90% before it downloads it to the browser. In case you didn't notice, other people are raving over how fast it is, so how can you conclude based on your own limited experience that it's "just putting lipstick on a pig"?

Yeah there is some eye candy involved but would you rather have a Chevrolet Malibu with a really cool custom paint job or an BMW M3 with factory paint and a faster 425 HP engine?
    Considering that OM5 is much faster than the standard browser, I guess it's obvious which is which.

Opera 5 takes much longer to load the New York TImes mobile page. What is so great about it?
    Since you actually downloaded this beta (unfinished software) which was released with the purpose of wider testing, why don't you do some actual testing and report back to the Opera people what you experienced? Maybe there's a bug with your particular phone which can be fixed for the next beta or something.
    09-17-09 10:42 AM
    Poor graphics
    What do you mean?

BTW, remember, it's a beta!
    09-17-09 10:46 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD