Just downloaded the Opera 5 beta and it is awesome! Loads fast and the user interface is just darn schmexy.

m.opera.com/next

Make sure you do a battery pull after you install and run it once.
    09-16-09 02:11 AM
    i hate that the pointer still cannot move diagonally. if the pointer moved like the one on the blackberry browser i would be all over this
    09-16-09 02:20 AM
    cool dl opera 5 testing it out now
    09-16-09 02:38 AM
    Works great. Finally, a tabbed brower on a BlackBerry. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:42 AM
    Nice! All the pictures load now even on large webpages! Still no flash though.
    09-16-09 02:44 AM
    nice but for some reason when i click on a link to dl something it just reloads the page instead of asking if i wanna save or open the link? anyone knwo about this or have this issue?
    09-16-09 02:44 AM
    im wondering how everyone else with a tour is using it? i have a tour and its not working on mine,well at least i dont think it is, like it shows the opera red title thing at the top , the address bar but i cant access menus, got to links or anything? and it has a blank page inside the opera window...? am i doing sumthin wrong?
    09-16-09 02:58 AM
    do a battery pull. that should help.
    09-16-09 02:58 AM
    Anybody else notice that Opera is now your default browser?
    09-16-09 03:02 AM
    I'm getting an module error. Can't even start it.

09-16-09 03:10 AM
    Yeah, I'm having some issues downloading stuff off of web pages right now. I was testing it by trying to download some of the wallpapers from the Crackberry site but the same page would refresh. What I did try though was to enable pop-ups which did lead me to a new screen when I tried to download the same wallpaper again. Instead of getting the repeat page, I got a page saying 'Client-side download dialog'. So there probably is a way to download stuff, but we just gotta figure it out.
    09-16-09 03:11 AM
    So far it's working great on my Tour! Nice UI. The only thing I notice is, when entering a password or web address, if you hit the back key to correct a letter, it deletes whatever you just typed in it's entirety. Hmm...

Oh well, I still really like it!
    09-16-09 03:14 AM
    Anybody else notice that Opera is now your default browser?
    What do you mean when you are saying that Opera is your default? For me the BB browser still is the one that loads when I click links in emails and the Browser button still opens the BB browser.
    09-16-09 03:16 AM
    What do you mean when you are saying that Opera is your default? For me the BB browser still is the one that loads when I click links in emails and the Browser button still opens the BB browser.
    I just checked email links and it does in fact still open the bb browser. But when I click links in Ubertwitter it opens Opera 5. go figure...
    Last edited by BusaB; 09-16-09 at 03:23 AM.
    09-16-09 03:20 AM
    So far it's working great on my Tour! Nice UI. The only thing I notice is, when entering a password or web address, if you hit the back key to correct a letter, it deletes whatever you just typed in it's entirety. Hmm...

Oh well, I still really like it!
    I just noticed that too. :/ Also, autotext doesn't work. And I find the smallest text size to be too large.

09-16-09 03:23 AM
    Just downloaded the Opera 5 beta and it is awesome! Loads fast and the user interface is just darn schmexy.

m.opera.com/next

Make sure you do a battery pull after you install and run it once.
    Does not work on wifi only!! Does it?

09-16-09 03:29 AM
    Does not work on wifi only!! Does it?

Isn't this the Tour section?
    09-16-09 03:33 AM
    After playing around with it for a while and reading up in other threads, it seems like we aren't able to download items via links. Other than that, the speed of the page loads is just blazing! I'll probably end up using Opera for browsing, and just copying the link from the Opera over to the BB browser whenever I need to download something. This is still just a beta that seems to be developed with no specific platform in mind. I'm sure once people start working the software towards our phones, this will become a wicked browser. Thumbs up so far!
    09-16-09 03:36 AM
    Isn't this the Tour section?
    Sorry my bad

09-16-09 03:47 AM
    after downloading and loading it, i cannot find the "accept" button on the terms and condition.....
    09-16-09 03:49 AM
    Sorry my bad

I forgive you
    09-16-09 03:50 AM
    after downloading and loading it, i cannot find the "accept" button on the terms and condition.....
    Try the menu...

09-16-09 04:00 AM
    Just scroll all the way to the top banner and click on it. A prompt to accept the terms should appear.
    09-16-09 04:00 AM
    i found it, you have to click the home button.
    09-16-09 04:20 AM
    It's very slow...
    09-16-09 04:50 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD