i have been searching and i cant find anyone else that has mentioned this. when i get an email on my gmail account, i get a notification in my gmail plugin, but i also get a notification in the regular blackberry gmail inbox(labeled [email protected]). is there a way to just have it go to the plugin? its really annoying having to check/delete the same emails twice. thanks.
    03-29-10 11:35 AM
    You should only have 1 gmail message folder. If you are seeing 2 then something's not right. I've seen this cause by switching theme's; however, it's usually fixed with a battery pull. One of them should disappear
    03-29-10 12:01 PM
    Plugin?? Do you mean the Gmail app that you downloaded from Google? If you did that, yes, you will have two apps. One from BIS when you registered your Gmail account and one that you downloaded from Google (with the big red M). If you run the Google app and exit it without quitting, it will continue to run in the background. (Press the Menu button and then press Exit Gmail) The BIS app is always running and if the Gmail app is running, you will get notifications from both. With all the mis-information running around after the BIS 3.0 upgrade, I have no idea which app to run: the BIS version or the Google one. The Google one supports OpenOffice documents, but I believe that we will have to wait longer for full 2-way sync.
    03-30-10 09:59 AM
    Plugin?? Do you mean the Gmail app that you downloaded from Google?...
    The Gmail plugin refers to the Gmail messaging plugin from RIM. When you set up a Gmail account in BIS, it activates a messaging app on the BB that supports some Gmail-specific functionality.
    03-30-10 07:41 PM
    I have tried battery pulls, upgrading/downgrading software, switching themes, and I still have both inboxes. Maybe Ill just have to deal with it. anyone else have any ideas?
    04-05-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD