Well, my "read" is still syncing from the phone to gmail. But now if I read it on the PC, it's not syncing with the phone...even after a message is sent. Maybe it just needs time.

***EDIT***

Yep, just needed time. After an hour or two...or maybe longer, the BB will catch up with the Gmail inbox read/delete. It seems that it takes time and another message sent to gmail to push that through.
    Last edited by Glenn J; 05-14-10 at 06:50 AM.
    05-13-10 11:40 AM
    Is this still not working for anyone? I still can't have mine sync read status.
    05-24-10 10:52 PM
    Is this still not working for anyone? I still can't have mine sync read status.
    Mine seems to come and go, mostly go. I kind of gave up on it. Its disappointing they released this and it doesn't work like they say. But its not that big of a deal to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 10:57 PM
    Not working for me at all. Pittsburgh PA on big red
    05-25-10 07:07 AM
    comeon end of contract!!! i want an android phone!
    05-25-10 07:09 AM
    Mine's been chugging along just fine for a few weeks now. Yeah, the read/delete from the PC gmail to the BB takes time...but it still works.
    05-25-10 12:05 PM
    my results seem to be similar to everyone elses... when reading email on the computer it takes AGES for it to show up as read on the BB.... if it ever does. when sending an email from the pc, it shows up as sent almost instantly on the BB.

i was hoping this was just a minor technical problem that would be ironed out shortly after this feature was added, but its been close to a month now and no change.
    05-25-10 02:59 PM
    So, here's an odd twist on this. I recently noticed that I am getting the two-way gmail sync, and I also recently started getting duplicate calendar entries: one tied to my gmail account and one to my "device default" account. I've been using GoogleSync. Now I'm wondering if it's possible that gmail is syncing everything (mail, contacts and calendar) and that by having GoogleSync also installed it's causing this duplication.

Anyone else experiencing this or noticing if their calendar is syncing without GoogleSync?

p.s. -- I'm on Verizon in the Boston area.
    05-25-10 04:22 PM
    my results seem to be similar to everyone elses... when reading email on the computer it takes AGES for it to show up as read on the BB.... if it ever does. when sending an email from the pc, it shows up as sent almost instantly on the BB.

i was hoping this was just a minor technical problem that would be ironed out shortly after this feature was added, but its been close to a month now and no change.
    i haven't noticed that... check under your email settings and see what synchronization options are available. i just have mail and contacts.
    05-25-10 07:57 PM
134 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD