I just installed gmail mobile for blackberry. I like the idea of having my personal mail completely separate from my work email. But more importantly I like the idea of having my entire gmail inbox accessible without taking up any memory space on the phone itself.

However, the lack of push on gmail mobile is ridiculous. How could gmail mobile 2.0 not offer push services? How often does it check for new mail? It seems to take forever for a notification to arrive that I have new mail through gmail mobile.

Any ideas?
    11-17-08 02:37 PM
    yeah, i originally was using my gmail account through the blackberry email setup, which is push...

and then i tried the gmail app, and while i like the format and overall layout of the gmail app better than the blackberry's, checking every 20 minutes just doesn't work for me. i kept it for awhile as i think it's better for composing new emails, but eventually i just got rid of it.
    11-17-08 09:20 PM
    I got my curve just last week and have continually been going back and forth between the push and gmail mobile app. Like you I don't like the delay between getting emails but I don't like how the mailboxes don't stay synced if I just use the push. After getting emails all day at work and then going back to my phone all my emails still showed as unread on my phone. very annoying so I think I'm sticking with the mobile app.
    11-17-08 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD