Alright, here's a long one. I recently switched to the Blackberry Bold 9700. I started my ATT account with an iPhone and kept that for a week and hated it, I have discovered that I am a devoted Blackberry user and won't switch ever again. I've used the Curve on ATT, Storm1 and Curve on Verizon but I hated Verizon so I've switched back to ATT.

PROBLEM 1: I've had the Bold for 3 days and had nothing but issues since I picked it up. I was unable to set up my original gmail address as my primary email address on the phone. Kept telling me username/password didn't match. Trust me, they did. I finally resolved that by setting up a brand new gmail account (annoying) and that seems to work fine, except nobody knows that email address so now I have to have a forward filter set up on my original email address and had to change my facebook/myspace accounts to reflect the new address so I'll get updates through those applications on my phone.

PROBLEM 2: Facebook application. I'm not getting any notifications pushed to the app on my phone. If someone comments on something I've posted or writes on my wall, none of it comes through. (yes I've updated my email according to the new one) The only notifications I receive in the application seem to be new private messages, and notifications of other people commenting/replying/liking something that I have previously commented/liked. So I get notifications of other strangers that are just replying to my friends..it's really irritating. I can send replies and update status and all that through the app on my phone, but what the heck is the point if I am not notified that I've received it. I thought I had found a way around that by setting up the SMS option in facebook to test me when someone comments, but even then I'm only getting one here and there, I'm not getting notified 100% of the time... is this caused by the app not working or what? I have used all these other Blackberry products and have NEVER had problems like this with Facebook app. I know sometimes the app itself goes haywire and every user doesn't get things for a day but the issue resolves and all goes back to normal. This seems to be different, all of my friends using it are having no trouble.

PROBLEM 3: I have my trackpad set up to make the clicking sound when I move around and navigate my phone. It works fine until I plug the phone in to charge it. Once it's been recharged, I take it off the charger and the clicking sound is no longer clicking. I check settings and it is still set up to click but it doesn't work. I then have to take the battery out and restart the phone in order to bring back the clicking sound. Simply powering off then back on doesn't work.

In all, do I have a dud phone or are these issues little bugs with it that everyone seems to have? I am going to return it to the store and ask for another if this seems to be just an issue with my phone alone, but if it's a bug with the phone, then I guess I'll have to deal with it? Please, someone help!! I'm 2 weeks into my 30 day trial now from starting with ATT, so I have to act fast if I need to return it for another. Thank you for all of your help!!

~Samantha
    01-10-10 10:52 AM
    I kind of have the same problem with the Facebook app! Agh >.<

Ps. How do you set up the trackpad to make a clicking sound? :-x
    01-10-10 11:19 AM
    remember that your facebook notification email must be setup to push to your phone for the app to pick up the email. I had that issue when I first got my Bold 9000. You can add multiple address to facebook. You can set your notifications to go to any of them and log in with any of them.

That is one heck of a first post!

Welcome to Crackberry and Blackberry once you get the issues worked out, you will be one happy blackberry user.
    01-10-10 11:57 AM
    I kind of have the same problem with the Facebook app! Agh >.<

Ps. How do you set up the trackpad to make a clicking sound? :-x
    options > screen keyboard> trackpad audilble roll
    01-10-10 12:03 PM
    Haven't heard about the trackpad/sound issue, but are you on the latest OS available? If it's a bug chances are it's been resolved on the latest OS

And welcome to crackberry!
    01-10-10 12:08 PM
    Problem 1 - my gmail account works fine for me and I've had it forever and through multiple phones. Try deleting the service books on the phone in Options->Advanced->Service Books (there should be 2) for that account and then go to the AT&T BIS site instead of the phone and recreate it there. Do a battery pull for a minute and then see if it's working again. You should get a confirmation email on the BB. It may take 20 minutes or so to get working.

Problem 2 - once problem 1 is working, delete the facebook app from Options->Applications and also delete the Service Book from your phone. Then reinstall it from the Blackberry website (mobile.blackberry.com). It should ask you to associate an email address to your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 12:21 PM
    On the gmail issue, if you have enabled Advanced IMAP Controls under google labs, disable it or check the box next to "All Mail." The problem is not intuitive, but that should fix it.

Problem 1 - my gmail account works fine for me and I've had it forever and through multiple phones. Try deleting the service books on the phone in Options->Advanced->Service Books (there should be 2) for that account and then go to the AT&T BIS site instead of the phone and recreate it there. Do a battery pull for a minute and then see if it's working again. You should get a confirmation email on the BB. It may take 20 minutes or so to get working.

Problem 2 - once problem 1 is working, delete the facebook app from Options->Applications and also delete the Service Book from your phone. Then reinstall it from the Blackberry website (mobile.blackberry.com). It should ask you to associate an email address to your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD