I tried searching already so I'll try here...
    Is there a way to ADD contacts using the Gmail app? If so, how?

Thanks for any input

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 10:33 AM
    Download the Google Mobile App. There's a app called Google Sync that will do this.

Google Mobile App. (OTA)
    12-10-08 10:55 AM
    I haven't found an app yet that would allow me to add certain contacts. I tried Google Sync, but it added all contacts from my phone to my GMail account. I have nearly 300 contacts on my phone, and I do not want all of those in my GMail account. I mainly use GMail to Email family and friends. I'd rather not have business contacts mixed in with those.
    12-10-08 03:01 PM
    That's another issue aswell. I don't understand why the Gmail application itself wouldn't automatically sync with the contacts in the Gmail account..
    12-10-08 05:00 PM
    That's another issue aswell. I don't understand why the Gmail application itself wouldn't automatically sync with the contacts in the Gmail account..
    The GMail app will sync with the contacts in your GMail online account. Only thing, you can only add, edit, or delete contacts using GMail from your PC. You cannot do it from the GMail app.

To view contacts using the GMail app:
    Menu Key > Contacts > Menu Key > Refresh

To view all contacts using the Gmail app:
    Menu Key > Contacts > Menu Key > All Contacts > Menu Key > Refresh

You always have to do a Refresh in order to view New Mail & Newly Added or Modified Contacts
    12-10-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD