Hello all ...quick question. Does one work better than the other or is one more preferable than the other. I set my gmail account up in BIS and I have the gmail app seems like a duplication to me. Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance

Dixie Dregs
    07-16-09 09:02 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB.

You'll find that if you look around (and use the search feature), you'll likely find the answers you're looking for without having to post a redundant question.

Here are two existing threads that should give you more insight.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/best...lution-267006/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/be...-gmail-263428/
    07-16-09 09:18 PM
    Just to answer your question anyhow, I use BIS Gmail and find it to work great.
    07-16-09 09:27 PM
    Thanks..point well taken regarding using the search feature..
    07-16-09 09:27 PM
    I also use BIS Gmail and not the app.

I just wish that IMAP worked correctly.
    07-16-09 09:28 PM
    Thanks..point well taken regarding using the search feature..
    I recommend you use both. Gmail IMAP via BIS gives you push (so you'll get your emails near instantaneously) and better copy&paste support, whereas the app allows you to browse through older emails and and search through all your emails.
    07-16-09 09:43 PM
    Yes I have noticed that..The BIS is just short of instanious. The app lags behind.

Thanks for input..!
    07-16-09 10:33 PM
    I prefer the app. I can't stand the emails on my BB and my inbox not being consistent. The lag from the app doesn't bother me, its usually pretty quick to deliver email.
    07-16-09 10:35 PM
    On a quick note I have to say that I love my Storm... after having the 8830 for two years. I looked at the Tour today and dd not care for it at all..OBTW all three that I held and looked at, the battery door on back had a very poor fit. The display seemed so small also..
    07-16-09 10:39 PM
    Does true IMAP work with the app?

I am getting tired of deleting emails on BIS and my laptop.

Am I doing something wrong?
    07-16-09 10:39 PM
    I use both. I usually use BIS unless I need to look for an email that it is not saved in my phone, then I use the Gmail app.
    07-16-09 10:40 PM
    just remember that with the google app u have access ti all your emails un your account. Where in bis you don't. Or whatever is in your blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD