hey i have a question. i am unsure which one is right for me. i do not know the differences. i guess my questions is which are the pros and cons of each? now i am using the gmail app. but i am unable to view the pictures that are in the emails sent to me. i mean in the email not attached but in the body of the email. also when i receive a video it will not play .wmv on my 8330 but on my friends 9530 it will play with no problems. he is just using it thru the email app on his berry not the gmail app. he can also view the pictures in the body of the email. overall problem is i am using gmail app and cannot see the pics or watch the video on my phone but i can on my laptop. anyone have any suggestions?
    04-14-09 09:31 AM
    The main difference for me is that I can search my gmail from the app because I dont keep all my older emails on my BB for memory concerns.
    04-14-09 10:21 AM
    I really like the gmail app with its built in features. The two reasons why I went back to using the BB email app are:

1. speed - the Gmail app seems to pull emails every 10 or so minutes.

2. LED notification - I really wanted to be able to have different LED notifications for my business and personal email accounts. Using the BB email app and BerryBuzz allows me to do this.
    04-14-09 10:47 AM
    The gmail account is the only email I have going to my Curve. I prefer to use the native functions of the device rather than have an additional app on the device. However, I think it would be useful if I had additional emails syncing, then I could use the gmail app to keep them separate.
    04-14-09 11:01 AM
    [QUOTE=bagged98;2276946]hey i have a question. i am unsure which one is right for me. i do not know the differences. i guess my questions is which are the pros and cons of each? QUOTE]

My opinion is after using Gmail app it has a nice UI but its not integrated with the phone and is an add on app... which to me is pretty pointless, I got a BB purely for the email function and was happy to find it can do much more... but if all you want to do is check gmail on the gmail app you might as well go for a cheaper handset than a BB. to put that into perspective If I just did that I could pick up a phone for say �50 and use PAYG with unlimited data for �7.50 per month and use the gmail app...

If you are a true emailer and in that case a true BB user there is no question that the native BB email is the only way.

But many people like it and who am I to say it ain't great?! lol...
    04-14-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD