I just went to the gmail homepage and it showed an option to get faster Gmail. I downloaded it. Just wanted everyone to know that this is out there. I saw that they had an option for the Iphone and the google phone too.

Louis
    04-08-09 03:20 PM
    Thanks for the old news
    04-08-09 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the old news
    LoL.. What a idck..
    04-08-09 03:25 PM
    From the blog is says the update is for iPhone and Adroid. Probably coming soon though to BBerry. What version did you download? 2.07 is the latest I can see, and I've had it a while.
    04-08-09 03:28 PM
    same here with v2.07. got my hopes up for nothing...
    04-08-09 03:31 PM
    Yawn...Back to November 21st news
    04-08-09 03:41 PM
    For the record... You do not want this app.

The fastest way to get your GMail is through BIS. Gmail app is not Push email.
    04-08-09 03:57 PM
    ^^^ Agreed, with BIS push I get my Gmail within a few seconds. The gmail app sometimes takes minutes.
    04-08-09 04:10 PM

The fastest way to get your GMail is through BIS. Gmail app is not Push email.
    Agree. I have GMail set up with BIS and I am happy with it. There is no need to install another app to do the same thing and take up memories.

They need that for iPhone because they don't have BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:14 PM
    if you want the gmail functionality you want this app..if you just want any old email then you want the push...
    04-08-09 04:35 PM
    if you want the gmail functionality you want this app..if you just want any old email then you want the push...
    Agreed I have the app for when I need to look at sent,trash or labeled emails. I exit and close it when done

04-08-09 05:36 PM
    Way to tell someone what they want. BIS has no archive function. I enjoy archiving all of my emails and being able to search them from the Gmail app.
    04-08-09 06:45 PM
    From the blog is says the update is for iPhone and Adroid. Probably coming soon though to BBerry. What version did you download? 2.07 is the latest I can see, and I've had it a while.
    No. We will never get this update (or at least, we won't get it for a while). This update is browser based, and our browser is nowhere near powerful/good enough to run that.
    04-08-09 07:38 PM
    Way to tell someone what they want. BIS has no archive function. I enjoy archiving all of my emails and being able to search them from the Gmail app.
    Good for you. Really. I do that too from the mobile site.

The guy said he got it because it advertised "faster gmail", which is true on an iphone or g1, but not a BlackBerry.

04-08-09 09:32 PM
    Gmail App BLOWS!!!!!!

Can't Attach files at all that I can find..
    04-09-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD