Hi all,

i searched through the forum without any help. I installed the gmail app, it was working great, i can view it in both positions. now when i open the gmail app, it's only on the standup position with the keyboard showing. I can't set it on the side position.

i tried to delete it and reinstall it....doesn't work. has anyone been through this problem?

thank you for the help in advance....

a storm nub
    12-11-08 03:22 PM
    I am going to piggy back on this, How come people use the app rather then just adding the account? Please don't flame me if this is a dumb question (I'm new to all things bb)
    12-11-08 04:55 PM
    i like it because its just like opening your gmail account from another computer. you can search through all your old mail, archive new emails, and -- the biggest plus for me, since im a little OCD -- the two-way sync is perfect (unlike with BIS). whatever you read on your BB is marked read on your computer and vice versa.

the two things that kind of suck about the app are that its generally not as quick as BIS (it refreshes every 15 minutes or so, though you can refresh manually if you want to) and you cant open/save certain attachments.

as for the OP, i have no idea what your problem is. it sounds like what happens when im running something that isnt technically compatible with the storm (like vibandring). try resetting and if that doesnt work, uninstall/reinstall?
    12-11-08 06:57 PM
    ricky,

i've tried that a million times...still the same result...

i OTA it through the google website....

is there another way to download it???
    12-12-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD