I have a few questions regarding Gmail's app for BB, if anyone uses that anyway.

How can I use push on it? Right now I have to manually open the gmail app, and refresh to have my new emails shown. I suppose there should be a way to have the gmail app use push notifications.

How can I have images shown in mails opened from the gmail app? As of now all I see is something like "[img]sdfsfdsfsfd[/img]".

Thanks in advance!
    06-17-10 06:36 AM
    No push on the Gmail app. You are better off just using the native email. I use the gmail app to retrieve older emails that I deleted from my bb and need to see. other than that, it's not a big help if you want instant notifications
    06-17-10 07:26 AM
    The Gmail app does "push" but it does it on its own schedule and you can't change it. It seems to be like 15 - 20 minutes. You can always get current by clicking the Refresh.
    06-17-10 10:48 AM
    Oh I see, thanks.

Also, does anyone know how images can be shown in mails using the gmail app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 11:36 AM
    I too would like to know how to get images to show in the Gmail app. Right now I see no images and can't access links in my mail.

Oh I see, thanks.

Also, does anyone know how images can be shown in mails using the gmail app?

07-05-10 11:01 PM
    The Gmail app does "push" but it does it on its own schedule and you can't change it. It seems to be like 15 - 20 minutes. You can always get current by clicking the Refresh.
    Hmmm....

Push Email: Messages hits mailbox, system notices it, message gets pushed to the device. If everything is working as it should, it feels like there is no lag to it.

Pooled Email: Messages hit the mailbox, every X minutes system checks for new messages and if they are found, they are downloaded to the device.

So... Gmail app doesn't even "push". It seems to pool. At least that's what your description makes it seem to do.

No push on the Gmail app. You are better off just using the native email. I use the gmail app to retrieve older emails that I deleted from my bb and need to see. other than that, it's not a big help if you want instant notifications
    I use BOLT for that. That way I have full access to gmail and I don't waste memory with another app.
    07-06-10 01:17 AM
    this is one of the TONS of reasons why the BB gmail app is lacking like crazy. if 2 way sync worked PROPERLY, i'd use the native email built into my BB in a heartbeat. i just cannot wait to go android at the end of the year
    07-06-10 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD