Anyone used this? Whats the advantage of this verses using the Blackberry email app? Anyone like it or dislike it? Your thoughts?

John
    12-08-09 04:29 PM
    I have four email accounts tied to my 8330 three of which are Gmail. i don't use the gmail app and have no issues.
    12-08-09 04:33 PM
    I've used it briefly but I found out that I was always checking my e-mail through my Blackberry instead of the app itself. Honestly, I didn't see any advantages. One thing I didn't like about the app is the fact that you can't delete multiple e-mails. I use the mobile version or use my phone. At least in the mobile version you can check off the e-mails you don't want and delete them at once. The Gmail app is faster and you can switch between accounts if you have more than one Gmail account so no need to go on the web to the mobile version. Other than that, I didn't use it so I deleted the app.
    12-08-09 04:38 PM
    I've used it briefly but I found out that I was always checking my e-mail through my Blackberry instead of the app itself. Honestly, I didn't see any advantages. One thing I didn't like about the app is the fact that you can't delete multiple e-mails. I use the mobile version or use my phone. At least in the mobile version you can check off the e-mails you don't want and delete them at once. The Gmail app is faster and you can switch between accounts if you have more than one Gmail account so no need to go on the web to the mobile version. Other than that, I didn't use it so I deleted the app.
    I am playing with it, but I hated being notified every 5 seconds of a email, so I downloaded this app instead. Also I may save disk space, as attachments and such wont be saved to the BB's internal RAM. I have a mobile email account that I created with Sprint and emails are sent faster than via Gmail as would be expected when connected to the server directly.

However I have discovered at least 2 issues which may be major with the gmail app (not BB email configured for Gmail, or wed version of gmail).

1. Cant view HTML email
    2. When I reply to a message the app blanks out the previous comments. I looked and was unable to find a way to include the original in a reply.

Or maybe I am lost.

Thanks,

John
    12-08-09 04:43 PM
    I used to use the Gmail app on my old Blackberry, and I did not like the small font for the log in page.
    I don't remember if I could see HTML emails..

But, I did like being able to access all Gmail folders.

Since I switched to the Curve last month, I have not added the Gmail app to the new phone.
    12-08-09 04:51 PM
    I used to use the Gmail app on my old Blackberry, and I did not like the small font for the log in page.
    I don't remember if I could see HTML emails..

But, I did like being able to access all Gmail folders.

Since I switched to the Curve last month, I have not added the Gmail app to the new phone.
    I added it simply because I was tired of being alerted of a new message and this way I wont get those constant updates. I have my mobile email and wont get 50 new emails a day with that address. For more detailed emailing, I figured I could wait till I got to Microsoft Entourage (Mac version of OutLook).

John
    12-08-09 04:55 PM
    You should use both to maximum the capability of BB and Gmail.

The BB BIS push Gmail is great but is limited to what's coming in to your Gmail inbox.

The Gmail App allows you to access all the folder/label in your Gmail account. You can manage your emails better. Another advantage is if you cache your emails on your BB, then you will have access to view all emails when there is no signal, like on an airplance, etc.

My personal usage. I typically receive about 200 emails a day to my Gmail (not junk mails). Only about 10% (20 emails) are important that I need to read right away. I have BIS push turn off and have filters to allow these 10% emails to push through. I turn on Gmail Apps as need to read/manage the remaining 80% as needed.
    12-08-09 04:56 PM
    How do I create filters for the BB built in email configuration?

You should use both to maximum the capability of BB and Gmail.

The BB BIS push Gmail is great but is limited to what's coming in to your Gmail inbox.

The Gmail App allows you to access all the folder/label in your Gmail account. You can manage your emails better. Another advantage is if you cache your emails on your BB, then you will have access to view all emails when there is no signal, like on an airplance, etc.

My personal usage. I typically receive about 200 emails a day to my Gmail (not junk mails). Only about 10% (20 emails) are important that I need to read right away. I have BIS push turn off and have filters to allow these 10% emails to push through. I turn on Gmail Apps as need to read/manage the remaining 80% as needed.
    12-08-09 05:01 PM
    How do I create filters for the BB built in email configuration?
    For Sprint go to BlackBerry Internet Service from your computer.

Once you login. Select "Filter" associate that email. At the bottom checkbox "do not forward email". This effective stop all emails from pushing to the phone. Next select "Add Filter" to setup conditions to allow certain emails to push through.

It's pretty much self explanation once you see the page.
    12-08-09 05:04 PM
    I didn't use my Gmail acct enough to want it on my Blackberry. Otherwise, I probably would have
    continued using it. (I have 4 other email accounts pushed to my phone, so I axed the Gmail.)
    12-08-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD