All,

I have already read countless threads on people that accidentally shared their calendars out to their BBM groups. I have not done this.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has figured out a way to disable this prompt. My phone syncs with my Google calendar several times a day and every time I hit the unlock button to check my phone, that prompt is sitting there. I'm only in one BBM group, but I don't want them all having my tasks on their calendars.

I have already gone to group activities, calendar, new shared appointment, group calendar options, and switched initial view to "agenda", but I am still getting the prompt. Has anyone figured out how to disable this?

Thanks,
    Tom
    07-20-10 09:36 AM
    My passion towards good software. High-Quality is the only word in my software dictionary.After all articles about this topic I will read until now I have the feeling that nobody really understands what’s going on with fonts in different use cases.
    07-20-10 11:29 PM
    That makes 0 sense to me, but thanks for the reply.

Has anyone solved this?
    07-21-10 06:46 AM
    I hope someone has the answer to this...I'm having the same prompt up after every single call ended. I belong to two groups, but I didn't have this problem before getting a warranty exchange. It's driving me nuts
    07-21-10 10:01 AM
    What is your default calendar? Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.

It sounds like your Group calendar is your default calendar and it is prompting before submitting to the public calendar. Try changing the default calendar to something else and see if that resolves it for you.
    07-21-10 03:38 PM
    I've seen that suggested also. For whatever reason, my field is completely blank. I don't have any options to even change in there.
    07-21-10 03:41 PM
    I also have the same problem,

I have trouble finding threads online and if it continues I don't think I can go on. I have my default set to my Google email and it still prompts me. It started happening after the latest software update for the phone.
    08-28-10 07:40 AM
    I am going to follow this thread and wait for possible answer's
    08-28-10 07:42 AM
    I am going to follow this thread and wait for possible answer's
    Updating BBM to the latest version 5.0.1.XX solved it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 06:09 AM
    Upgrading to BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.1.38 did it for me too.

I'll add I did the following:

1. Went to Options --> Advanced Options --> Default Services --> even though everything was set to the appropriate account, I hit SAVE again as suggested in another thread.

This solved the issue of "Send Using: Groups" back to my desired Gmail account, i.e., returning my default calendar to where I wanted appointments going to/from.

2. Wiped my calendar by going to Calendar --> Options --> Type WIPE
    3. For good measure, I signed out of Google Sync and reset the calendar from there too when prompted
    4. Installed the latest BlackBerry Messenger (5.0.1.38) via App World as suggested above
    5. Rebooted
    6. Reconfigured Google Sync to my Gmail account as I had it before
    7. Synced my calendar
    8. Verified by checking a number of appointments which all showed "Send Using: [email protected]"

Good Luck,
    SK
    DeanDanG and EllaBerry like this.
    09-08-10 02:24 AM
    After upgrading my BB software to v5.0.0.900, I started getting the share with group? prompt every time I entered a new appointment. As suggested above, I went to Options --> Advanced Options --> Default Services. I tried changing my Calendar and Messaging to one of my other email accounts and saving. This got rid of the prompt. I then went back to the Default Services and changed my Calendar and Messaging back to my Rogers address and I'm still not getting the prompt. This seemed to solve the problem. The upgrade to v5.0.0.900 also resulted in some duplication of some of my recurring appointments. The only solution seemed to be to delete one of them.
    11-21-10 08:56 PM

1. Went to Options --> Advanced Options --> Default Services --> even though everything was set to the appropriate account, I hit SAVE again as suggested in another thread.

This solved the issue of "Send Using: Groups" back to my desired Gmail account, i.e., returning my default calendar to where I wanted appointments going to/from.

3. For good measure, I signed out of Google Sync and reset the calendar from there too when prompted
    4. Installed the latest BlackBerry Messenger (5.0.1.38) via App World as suggested above
    5. Rebooted
    7. Synced my calendar
    8. Verified by checking a number of appointments which all showed "Send Using: [email protected]"

Good Luck,
    SK
    Thank you so much! This helps me alot.
    06-18-11 06:35 PM
    This started happening on my 9300 after upgrading to OS 6.

Steps that solved it

1- Sign out of Google Sync
    2- Wipe out all calendars (go to Calendar -> Options and when you see the calendar list type WIPE). This will erase all your calendars on your bb, so if your bb calendar isn't an exact mirror of your Google Calendar, you might lose data!
    3- Change your default calendar to something other than BB groups (go to advanced options -> Default Services). If you don't have your gmail account in your bb (I don't have it, I just use the gmail app) you can choose any account you have in your bb
    4- Make sure you choose save before leaving the screen (bb button -> Save)
    5- Uninstall GoogleSync (you'll be asked to reboot)
    6- Reboot
    7- Install GoogleSync
    8- Sign it to GoogleSync

That's it! I've seen methods that require the user to uninstall BBM, but this worked for me
    11-15-11 11:07 AM

5. Rebooted
    7. Synced my calendar
    8. Verified by checking a number of appointments which all showed "Send Using: (your email)" Good Luck,
    SK

It definitely has to do with updating the Operating System (6.0).
    I followed the steps and saw I did need to update my version of BBM and it worked!!
    THANK GOD! Everyone in the BBM Group was able to see months' worth of professional and personal appointments until this.
    THANK YOU!
    11-22-11 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD