For those CrackBerry users with the Pearl, 8800, or the Curve, take a look at SimulSays.

It can give you a Visual VoiceMail list, and it can transcribe your voicemail for you. Now the visual voicemail is in the beta phase and is free for now, but the voicemail transcription has an associate fee.

I haven't been using it for long, but I have been very happy so far. Once you get it setup, the VoiceMail automatically gets downloaded to your device and you don't have to use your cell minutes to listen to it. However, if you don't have an unlimited data plan, this may not be for you.

Also, the website states it's only available for AT&T and T-Mobile users for now.
    07-05-07 11:59 AM
    This IS a great program but guess what yet again another manufacturer not providing a service from anyone outside the US!
    07-05-07 02:03 PM
    simulsays says it only works for cingular curves.. did it still work for yours even though it is not on the list? you have a tmobile curve right?
    10-29-07 01:15 PM
    i tried to call that number and the curve doesnt allow me to put the star and pound signs before calling. is there something that i dont know? i am new to PDA's so is there a way to dial without the phone either 1) making it a letter or 2) just not displaying the start symbol???
    10-29-07 02:42 PM
    This IS a great program but guess what yet again another manufacturer not providing a service from anyone outside the US!

Bad I would like to have that...
    10-29-07 03:23 PM
    that's a network thing... I think it would only work on att/cingular... Tmobile does need to implement this though - I've seen it on my roomates iphone and it's pretty cool!
    11-05-07 04:38 PM
    Nice SPAM. Its not free. You have to put in your cc info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-07 12:37 AM
    Has anyone found a way to remove the "Your message will be transcribed by Simulscrib.com, blah, blah" from the personal greeting?

11-14-07 12:11 PM
    Yeah, it's an option within your SimulScribe account...

Login to your account at SimulScribe, go to Account Settings, and there's an option that says "Play Tagline". Just uncheck it, and you're good to go.

I've done it myself
    11-14-07 12:36 PM
    Thanks! I actually emailed support before I saw these replies and they removed it for me.

For the skeptics, this is a very neat tool if you receive many voicemails and tend to lose track of who left them. I am actually using the SimulSay app without the SimulScrib so I can't comment on how that is.

11-19-07 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD