So many of the great Apps available only work in specific geographic areas, it would be great to see a list showing which will work in each country, county, state etc. to save getting excited over something we can't use.
    I'm in London, would love to hear of something working for radio like Pandora's and their type do apparently in US, tried a weather app from BB appstore, (a free one admitedly) and it was so wrong you can't believe, and could only tell me now- not even later or tomorrow! That was after I'd persuaded it that London does exist in UK!
    Anyone willing to help?
    :
    confused:
    12-07-09 02:08 AM
    There aren't too many apps that don't work in the UK, and if there is there's always an alternative!

Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio is one option for radio. You need to set it up on your PC and you can then stream directly over your BB. It has all the BBC radio stations and I should think a lot of the local stations in London.

There are loads of free weather apps - Weatherbug & Weather Eye are 2, they both cover where I live in the UK - Mlton Keynes, so they will definitley do London!
    12-07-09 03:15 AM
    Love moodio!

Poynt is available for the UK and works well with google maps - providing info on businesses based on your location.
    http://m.mypoynt.com/ota

Snaptu is quite good but was a bit slow on my 8320 so deleted it. Don't really know how to describe it but worth a look.
    Snaptu

For weather reports I use BBweather. Sometimes it tells me its sunny in the middle of the night but its free and can find my town!
    Index of Software

Yellow pages have a couple of good BB apps
    Yell.com mobile

Hope this is useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ballroom; 12-07-09 at 11:41 AM. Reason: links added
    12-07-09 06:09 AM
    Have to agree- Poynt is pretty good, although it does list quite a number of businesses in my local area that have been closed down for several years at least! It also does a strange jump when going further from the start location - beyond about a mile and a half it suddenly goes to random areas many miles away missing out the space between completely!
    I deleted Weather eye- eventually - (kept archiving when I chose delete for weeks) it couldn't tell me anything I couldn't figure out from behind a closed door with my eyes closed and my I-pod pluged in my ears! Have now got Viigo, and some weather info through that is far better that the eye!
    Hadn't heard of Moodio- take it you mean it has to be installed via pc, and is a streaming app for radio? Will look it up later on, thanks, both of you.
    I'm definitely going to keep looking to what's around. any more sugestions will be welcome.
    12-07-09 04:58 PM
    take it you mean it has to be installed via pc, and is a streaming app for radio?
    With Moodio you need to sign up via a PC/Mac and choose the stations that you want to listen too. You can then logon via your BB browser and stream the stations you have selected!
    12-07-09 05:25 PM
    Thanks for that!
    haven't had time to look at it yet, will need to set aside time to get it sorted out, desktop apps are still a mystery to me on the bb, used to understand it ok with my old palm pda, *note to self, forget old ways and learn new*
    Anyone seen a way of checking TV schedules? saw new thread on it but alll talking about US/Canada I think, + not even a working app...... it's not funny trying to check through the brouser for information away from home!
    12-08-09 02:55 PM
    Snaptu has uk tv schedules.

Moodio isn't a desktop app. It's a site accessed by your pc to set up an account and all the stations you wish to listen to. You can then log in to the mobile version of the site on your BB to listen to your selected stations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 03:02 PM
    Thanks again!
    Now got snaptu- it's pretty good! and the facebook's better than the BB version too. Anything else you'd reccomend before I realise it could be handy and start to search? Lol. Remember - this is new to me so it's still hard to imagine what I'm going to realise too late "could have been doing that".....
    Come to that, was about to search the threads for info on utube- can't get more than a few seconds at a time!
    12-09-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD