You should not put the BB to the DMZ and should'nt open up any port specifically. That's the job of the STUN.
    For some reason, if I enter in the Stun server, I can never complete a call, it just goes call failed. Without the stun server and ports open, calls usually go through, not always though, but most of the time.

I see some people with 9700's having issues, Im on a 9700 with 5.0.0.442 (726). I dont get any ringing, other side just answers and I can hear them. Tested calling works automated system, as well as my work phone, and I can hear both ways.
    06-02-10 08:21 AM
    For some reason, if I enter in the Stun server, I can never complete a call, it just goes call failed. Without the stun server and ports open, calls usually go through, not always though, but most of the time.

I see some people with 9700's having issues, Im on a 9700 with 5.0.0.442 (726). I dont get any ringing, other side just answers and I can hear them. Tested calling works automated system, as well as my work phone, and I can hear both ways.
    How lucky you are
    06-02-10 06:55 PM

Which service are you using. We like to try it out. Our 9700s are coming in a few days. We should know how they are eventhough the simulator work correctly. Question. Were you able to conduct a two way conversation?
    06-02-10 07:34 PM
    Which service are you using. We like to try it out. Our 9700s are coming in a few days. We should know how they are eventhough the simulator work correctly. Question. Were you able to conduct a two way conversation?

Im using voipcheap. For the settings I do as follows

Display name: (my username for voipcheap)
    Username: (username for voipcheap)
    password: (voipcheap password)
    domain: sip.VoipCheap.com
    Register with Domain: checked
    Outbound proxy: left blank
    APN: left blank
    Wifi: depends where I am.
    Stun server: left blank.

At home have the BB in the dmz on the router.

Yes I was able to hear both ends. Tried with a work phone, and everything worked fine. Some echoing and cutoffs, but it did work. Right now Im having more calls failing to connect.
    06-02-10 08:19 PM
    I also have a Voipcheap account and works every time. If call fails, that means they are rejecting the call. I used up my free minutes now, so every call I am is reject with a voice message.
    06-03-10 01:30 PM
    I also have a Voipcheap account and works every time. If call fails, that means they are rejecting the call. I used up my free minutes now, so every call I am is reject with a voice message.
    Dont know why they would be doing that since I do have a lot of credit remaining. tried a few times today and everything seems good.
    06-03-10 07:38 PM
    Dont know why they would be doing that since I do have a lot of credit remaining. tried a few times today and everything seems good.
    They also reject requests when there is no resources (trunks) to dial out.
    06-08-10 06:21 AM
    They also reject requests when there is no resources (trunks) to dial out.
    Well I installed the latest version 0.52, and so far no more call failed errors. Gizmo5 still doesnt work for some reason. Still get the IP cannot be resolved error for some reason. But this app plain and simply rocks. Sure I wouldnt rely on it, but its a huge step forward. Would love to hear what the company plans to do with this app in the future. It seems they want to charge for it, would love to find out roughly how much they plan on charging, as well as what extra features theyre planning to add.
    06-08-10 08:56 AM
    9700 issue is not volume control. We will know soon.
    Beta 5.2 is working fine with my 9700 but the volume is to high, it's like a conference call and everybody around me can hear my conversation.
    Else, everything is fine with my pbxes account.

If some french guys of "free telecom" (one of the biggest internet provider in France) have some issues with blackvoib, I can try to help them.

Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 07:27 PM
    BlackVoib has been updated.

The current version is 0.56.

Users now can toggle between speaker phone and handset(from menu). The volume control also has been added. Just use the volume control when the main screen is on top.

BlackVoib
    06-16-10 09:42 AM
    BlackVoib has been updated.

The current version is 0.56.

Users now can toggle between speaker phone and handset(from menu). The volume control also has been added. Just use the volume control when the main screen is on top.

BlackVoib
    Great news. Cant wait to try it out. The blackvoib team rocks.
    06-17-10 11:34 AM
    ALX files for BlackVoib installation from BlackBerry Desktop Manager are now available. Go direct to bottom of page BlackVoib.
    06-17-10 05:28 PM
    I have tried it (0.56) on Bold 9700 (OS 5.0.743) with FreePhoneLine.ca
    inbound/outbound proxy: voip.freephoneline.ca
    no apn nor stun
    using WIFI.

I can call out with no problem, but unable to receive any call. Also, either end were unable to hear anything. (freephoneline uses G.711a codec)

I also had problem existing the program, I can switch applications, but unable to close it ... I ended up reboot my BB and removed the app.

Even though there were some problem with the app, I think you have made a huge break through on BB SIP (besides voipswitch). Keep up the good work, and hopefully we will see a fully working BlackVoib soon!!
    06-21-10 09:03 AM
    BlackVoib only support G.711u
    06-21-10 11:39 AM
    Just a reminder. All comments and support issues should be posted on our site's board.

BlackVoib
    06-22-10 09:49 AM
    Beta 5.2 is working fine with my 9700 but the volume is to high, it's like a conference call and everybody around me can hear my conversation.
    Else, everything is fine with my pbxes account.

If some french guys of "free telecom" (one of the biggest internet provider in France) have some issues with blackvoib, I can try to help them.

Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hey
    can you post your setting for freephonie, i don't why but it's doesn't seem to work on my phone (bold 9700)
    in Domain and in outbound proxy i tried freephonie.net 172.17.20.241 and 212.27.52.5
    and when i call some one i always have call failed or Network start failed

thank you for your help
    07-19-10 10:47 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD