I was wondering if the app is only supposed to display notifications while it is running?

Let me clarify, when I log into Facebook from my computer, it displays under notifications any activity (wall posts, replies, pokes, etc.) that I had received while offline.

When I log into facebook from my Blackberry, it shows nothing under notifications, even if I have received new pokes, wall posts, replies, etc, while offline.

I seem to get all notifications normally when the app is running in the background, but when I log off of the app, any new activity that occured while offline does not seem to show up when I log back in, meaning I have to manually look for anything new.

The facebook app is quite painful and unimpressive on the Blackberry, hopefully they continue to improve it.
    08-27-10 12:20 AM
    i keep seeing all these people with problems with the notifications. i dont know why. i have never had issues with them, except for when i had the beta version installed and it wasnt working right. now, the new version properly set itself up and has no problems.

the app shouldnt be opened in the background in order to get notifications. make sure the notification settings are properly set up in your account while on your PC. certain ones should be checked off and some shouldnt. the new FB works by API push i think, not by email settings.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 08-27-10 at 12:28 AM.
    08-27-10 12:24 AM
    I don't see any options on my PC to turn specific notifications on or off for the Blackberry. There is a single box to check for notifications for the Blackberry, other then that all the other boxes are for email and for text messages. If there are some settings I am missing, please point me in the correct direction.
    08-27-10 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD