I saw the other thread, and just wanted folks to know that the app works fine and is not tedious at all.. I am a corporate user, and prefer to get my work email and my personal email in two different buckets. The gmail mobile app accommodates this need nicely. I hope this is not going away, but for now, it is a very work-able solution.. I also like the other google mobile apps, maps, etc..
    11-10-11 01:33 PM
    This is apparently what the fuss is about:

Google Abandoning Gmail App for BlackBerry - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

But this is google's doing. It also says that anyone who is already using the app will continue to be able to do so, until it breaks..

Anyone know of a way to share two separate email accounts in the BB standard mail application in an intuitive way... meaning, where the mail is separated and not all in the same inbox?
    11-10-11 01:37 PM
    Anyone know of a way to share two separate email accounts in the BB standard mail application in an intuitive way... meaning, where the mail is separated and not all in the same inbox?
    Unless I'm reading this wrong, what you're requesting is a basic function that all BBs have. For example, I have two separate accounts, Gmail and Hotmail. I can choose to have one, both or neither in my integrated inbox (the main icon "Messages"). Alternatively, I can choose to have one, both or neither email icons showing, such that there can be a Gmail messages icon and Hotmail messages icon on my home screen. I believe when you set up your email that these are created by default. Same thing goes for your Visual Voicemail, Text Msg, BBM accounts...they have their own separate app/icons, but can be brought into the integrated inbox. Here is what it would look like:

11-10-11 01:46 PM
    Oh, the app works alright. It just forces you to have a seperate icon for each account. If you just use the BlackBerry native Messages icon then you can have all your email accounts (and SMS too) on one single icon. I prefer to separate SMS and emails but, I only want one icon for all my email messages.

I have never seen just what the GMail app does FOR me. I have only seen what it does TO me. It just took up memory.

Anyway, mofo be dead now.
    Last edited by 4Q2; 11-10-11 at 02:08 PM.
    11-10-11 02:04 PM
    I like that much better.. Alrighty then.. I am fixing to abandon gmail mobile app all-together. As soon as I get this figured...
    11-10-11 02:20 PM
    Oh my, yes, this is so much nicer.. How could I have missed this
    11-10-11 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD