This is a open beta for PictureID for BlackBerry OS5 devices only.

Note that PictureID may not work on all OS5 specifically when the LCD screen is off. you will get a black screen.

This beta was designed and tested on the Pearl 9100 and Bold 9650 OS5.0.0.662 simulators and it works

If you are interested and like to help then install PictureID here http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

After install you need to set all the permissions for PictureID to allow in the Options->application.

The beta expires in 7 days and is limited to 5 pictureIDs. New version will be released when we have fixes.
    06-02-10 12:05 PM
    I will try it out.
    06-02-10 12:09 PM
    Played with it for awhile. Seems stable. I like it. One thing would be nice, to be able to crop what your picture looks like. It sometimes enlarges too much, makes the picture fuzzy.
    06-02-10 12:29 PM
    Played with it for awhile. Seems stable. I like it. One thing would be nice, to be able to crop what your picture looks like. It sometimes enlarges too much, makes the picture fuzzy.
    does it work when the lcd screen is off? make sure the keyboard is not locked

if the picture is smaller than the screen size it will be resized to fit the screen.
    06-02-10 12:38 PM
    Anyway not to have it resized?
    06-02-10 12:41 PM
    Anyway not to have it resized?
    so your pic is smaller than the screen size?

can you pls answer by last question?

does it work when the lcd screen is off and which bb and OS version?
    06-02-10 01:39 PM
    Some of them are.
    06-02-10 03:05 PM

Note that PictureID may not work on all OS5 specifically when the LCD screen is off. you will get a black screen.

This beta was designed and tested on the Pearl 9100 and Bold 9650 OS5.0.0.662 simulators and it works

If you are interested and like to help then install PictureID here http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

After install you need to set all the permissions for PictureID to allow in the Options->application.

The beta expires in 7 days and is limited to 5 pictureIDs. New version will be released when we have fixes.
    I'll give it a shot smiley.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 08:15 PM

I might have been doing something wrong, but all it would do was blow up the existing thumbnail picture. The result was very poor. If you could access your pictures and start with a full size, it would probably work great....my mistake or??

06-03-10 12:42 PM
    I might have been doing something wrong, but all it would do was blow up the existing thumbnail picture. The result was very poor. If you could access your pictures and start with a full size, it would probably work great....my mistake or??

if you use the pic from the contacts app then it will be resized and will look ugly. ideally you should use a bigger picture or atleast the size of the screen eg: 360x480
    06-03-10 01:47 PM
    if you use the pic from the contacts app then it will be resized and will look ugly. ideally you should use a bigger picture or atleast the size of the screen eg: 360x480
    Dumb question...how do I get it to use a full size picture?

06-03-10 06:12 PM
    Dumb question...how do I get it to use a full size picture?

When you set up the contact's PicID, just pick a photo from the media card that is full size.
    06-03-10 06:42 PM
    When you set up the contact's PicID, just pick a photo from the media card that is full size.
    I don't understand. They are all full size, but then picID shrinks them down to a thumbnail size. I don't see any choices. I kind of thought that os what this app would be for.

06-03-10 10:14 PM
    Hi,

I have been using products from Toysoft for so long and Pict ID is a must have for me, except within the last few months. I have gone from Pict ID to Pict ID2-2.4 and the black screen thing is killing it for me. Now I know 8900 is not supported running 4.6 but I am running 5.0. Everything else in the program works fine but I did notice a couple of things beside the black screen, there is no option to edit the contact info, the contact pict is really large and it is fuzzy, my registration code from vers. 2.4 will not take and I was wondering if there would be a fee to upgrade. I installed an application to keep the screen lit just to see if I'll be able to see who's calling. Otherwise screen is black when call comes in because screen is off. It has displayed pictures at random in the past so I know it will work. Is there a way to 'wake' screen up when a call comes in through application? Thanks.

Carmen
    06-04-10 12:59 AM
    Hi,

I have been using products from Toysoft for so long and Pict ID is a must have for me, except within the last few months. I have gone from Pict ID to Pict ID2-2.4 and the black screen thing is killing it for me. Now I know 8900 is not supported running 4.6 but I am running 5.0. Everything else in the program works fine but I did notice a couple of things beside the black screen, there is no option to edit the contact info, the contact pict is really large and it is fuzzy, my registration code from vers. 2.4 will not take and I was wondering if there would be a fee to upgrade. I installed an application to keep the screen lit just to see if I'll be able to see who's calling. Otherwise screen is black when call comes in because screen is off. It has displayed pictures at random in the past so I know it will work. Is there a way to 'wake' screen up when a call comes in through application? Thanks.

Carmen
    when we release v3 it will be a free upgrade.

are you having problems with the latest beta?
    06-04-10 09:41 AM
    I don't understand. They are all full size, but then picID shrinks them down to a thumbnail size. I don't see any choices. I kind of thought that os what this app would be for.

Are you selecting the picture from your media card or keeping the picture that is already in the box which was associated with your contact? You can't keep what starts off in the box because that is the thumbnail picture that your contact has stored and it WILL look fuzzy when blown up.

Hi,

Carmen
    I can't speak to your device, but on the Storm2 when my screen goes black it lights up when I get a call and I can edit the contact info. Also, don't keep the photo that comes up when you click on the Picture ID tab. That is the photo associated with the contact app. Pick a full size picture from your media card. Then your picture shouldn't be large and fuzzy. I would just use the trial to make sure you like the new look and feel of the app first; if not you could always go back to 2.4 I guess. I also can't speak to whether there will be an upgrade fee or not. But, honestly, this version is working out a whole lot better than the previous ones for me. Good luck.
    06-04-10 09:48 AM
    here is the latest beta version

http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

reset permissions to allow after install

Tested on Storm 1 OS5.0.0419 and Storm 2 OS5.0.6xx leaked version

Note: when the LCD screen is off and you get a black screen when you get a call then run picID and goto the prefs screen. Scroll down to the bottom and check the checkbox where it says if you have black screen on incoming call
    06-04-10 12:32 PM
    Okay, downloaded newer version. Working on my storm2 now. Next question...can I rotate the pictures? It seems to rotate them 90 degrees.

06-04-10 02:46 PM
    Okay, downloaded newer version. Working on my storm2 now. Next question...can I rotate the pictures? It seems to rotate them 90 degrees.

no. picid does not rotate image. you will need another app or desktop app to do this.
    06-04-10 04:54 PM
    Downloaded the newer version also. Had no problems with 3.0.2 but I guess I'm all about the latest and greatest. This works just as well.
    06-04-10 05:37 PM
    sceen off - black screen
    fone locked - default incoming call screen
    screen on - full pic id

kinda annoying when u select a pic from a card that was taken by the fone it automatily rotates it, when seletin a pic that i transfered from PC to the fone works fine

I can live with rotatin pics(ill work around it), but will full pic id be seen when fone lock/screen off in the final release?
    06-04-10 06:06 PM
    The picture rotating kind of takes the joy out of this. I can't seem to find a way around it. Other than that this app seems nice.

06-05-10 08:17 AM
    The picture rotating kind of takes the joy out of this. I can't seem to find a way around it. Other than that this app seems nice.

when you view the pics with the media app it rotates the image. other apps like picID dont know how the image was saved and they just display as saved.
    06-05-10 09:43 AM
    here is the latest beta version for OS5 only

1 install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

2 set all permissions to allow for pictureID in the Options app

changes
    ---------

- replaced sqlLite database with internal database. editing and updating should be faster now

- added Battery and Signal icons to the call screen. goto the prefs and turn it on

- If you want patternLock then you can go directly to the site from picid menu and download the the free lite version for the storm. works when the screen is locked and when LCD screen is turns off

- if you find the loading really slow when you launch picid and then turn of thumbnail view in the prefs

let me know if you have any problems.
    06-08-10 04:00 PM
    any new news on this app? I downloaded the trial and really liked it, would like to know when its coming out of beta
    06-19-10 02:07 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD