I posted previously that I have problems using facebook photo upload... but the problem has yet to be resolved.

I have some new information about the problem which I'm hoping will help someone steer me in the right direction.

So almost every time I upload a pic to FB via FB app the phone sort of freezes.
    The photo does successfully upload, but I can not open facebook, text messages or emails after that point.
    Phone also runs really slow...
    If I click a contact I have "favorite'd" on my home screen it causes an App Error 603.

It did pull up a new error today something about net rim bb messaging app.

Also, I have berrybuzz installed and usually it leaves the light flashing as if I have a new text message (even when I dont) when this problem occurs. (I know it is a text message light because I have it set to green for SMS and green flashes)

After a battery pull the FB app shows the pic as sending (sideways wifi signal picture next to it instead of a check mark) but the photo has uploaded.
    01-24-11 12:04 PM
    I have been havin the same EXACT problem nd gettn REALLY frustrated bc it takes SOOO effin long to restart its ridiculous, idk if its the new upgrade for the fb app or what but somebdoy needs to get it together.
    01-25-11 03:23 PM
    Fixed in the leaked version...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 06:34 PM
    which is where?
    01-26-11 08:13 AM
    which is where?
    http://www.mybbota.com/files/Faceboo...201.9.0.26.jad

01-26-11 08:40 AM

Sorry, /files/Facebook%201.9.0.26/Facebook%201.9.0.26.jad was not found.
    01-26-11 08:42 AM

Went to the main website and followed the links from there. Downloading now. Thanks.
    Last edited by anon(49433); 01-26-11 at 08:50 AM.
    01-26-11 08:43 AM
    Thank goodness... also downloading it now.
    I'll post back if the problem continues... silence will be a good sign lol
    01-26-11 09:09 AM
    Sorry, /files/Facebook%201.9.0.26/Facebook%201.9.0.26.jad was not found.
    Double checked this link after I posted don't know what happened. Its also posted on one of the blogs from yesterday but yeah i'm sure you already found a work around

01-26-11 09:47 AM
    Update and bump... the new version of FB did NOT fix the problem.
    Have tried photo upload twice, both times a complete freeze and 603 reset error.

I have come to decide it is unrelated to any other program since this time it was a net rim bb phone app that crashed and error so basically the FB photo upload just kills the phone.
    Veryyyy annoying
    01-31-11 01:57 PM
    Anyone have any ideas?
    02-04-11 11:06 AM
    Fixed in the leaked version...

Definitely not fixed in the new version on my Torch. Same old random freezing on loading of photo and a forced re-start to resolve the issue.
    02-05-11 06:50 AM
    I get this, too. I hate it when I load up a pic and get the freeze, knowing I have to do a battery pull afterward. I really hope a reliable version comes out that fixes it.
    02-06-11 01:26 AM
    I post photo to Facebook via my eMail (unique FaceBook Upload eMail). Have you thought of using that? Visit Facebook Mobile | Facebook & copy the eMail address to your BB. I have mine saved as a contact called FaceBook.
    02-06-11 11:00 AM
    I post photo to Facebook via my eMail (unique FaceBook Upload eMail). Have you thought of using that? Visit Facebook Mobile | Facebook & copy the eMail address to your BB. I have mine saved as a contact called FaceBook.
    It's a good idea but given the app has the function it is not wrong to expect that it should be able to do the photo upload.

Also, sending by email gives no options like album or tagging.
    02-06-11 06:07 PM
    I agree, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one but considering that you'd imagine there would be a fix for it anytime in the last 5 months or near future.
    02-07-11 12:10 PM
    i got the same prob. help!!!!
    02-17-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD