Could be me as I had to reload OS but its been working fine.

Until now. Open it and it says 'Application no longer supported'.

Was the best to read w/o having to open in browser.
    03-21-12 01:40 PM
    Mine stopped working as well. The pop up says the app is no longer supported and should be deleted. This was the best RSS feed after Viigo updated to the bloated version.

I am at a lost now. I don't know what RSS client to use. I tried BB News/Social Feed but it doesn't support more than 40 or 50 articles per feed...I need at least 200 per feed as I don't get to my feeds that often. Anyone have suggestions on a free RSS client?
    03-21-12 04:13 PM
    i received the following response from FreeRange360.

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, this feature is no longer provided or supported. We have no plans to provide an alternative."

I've gone back to BB News Feeds. I can't get BeReader to work offline in any reasonable way.

Too bad, for all you could say about the clunky, keyboard driven interface, at least FreeRange worked well, consistently and provided the basic functionality that all RSS readers should have, and so few do.

j
    03-23-12 11:16 AM
    I am at a lost now. I don't know what RSS client to use. I tried BB News/Social Feed but it doesn't support more than 40 or 50 articles per feed...I need at least 200 per feed as I don't get to my feeds that often. Anyone have suggestions on a free RSS client?
    BeReader supports as many articles as you want to backtrack to. You just use the "Get More" option to keep loading previous articles
    03-23-12 12:59 PM
    i've been playing with squid reader, a bit clunkier to use but it seems OK.
    03-25-12 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion on squid reader. Once I am done testing bereader, I will look at squid reader.
    03-26-12 12:07 PM
    Papped - is there any way BeReader allows you to 'store' afull articles you've loaded (like you can on Viigo and Freerange) so that you come back to them and read them when you have no signal (like on the underground for example?). Ideally what I want to do it load 3 or 4 articles before I get on the underground so I can read them on my journey to work.

BeReader supports as many articles as you want to backtrack to. You just use the "Get More" option to keep loading previous articles
    03-27-12 07:00 AM
    Papped - is there any way BeReader allows you to 'store' afull articles you've loaded (like you can on Viigo and Freerange) so that you come back to them and read them when you have no signal (like on the underground for example?). Ideally what I want to do it load 3 or 4 articles before I get on the underground so I can read them on my journey to work.
    I answer this in another thread but for those that don't follow that thread, here was my response.

You are correct that BeReader doesn't store loaded articles. There is a feature wish list at the Bellshare feedback site that you can vote on; here is the link. Look for "offline caching of full articles" and "Save downloaded feeds."

Since you are loading the story, a possible work around is to load the articles to your browser instead of the BeReader app.
    03-27-12 12:58 PM
    it didn't even said it no longer supported on mine. it just stopped working. i thought it was a corrupted app. but come in this forum and did a search and see other ppl are having the same problem. i use viigo and freerange and i said freerange was better. simple and it works. oh well. gonna go back to viigo now.
    03-28-12 09:05 AM
    does viigo still work? i thought i heard it did not...
    04-04-12 01:17 PM
    does viigo still work? i thought i heard it did not...
    If I am not mistaken, Viigo is still available for pre-OS 7 devices.
    04-06-12 01:10 PM
    Losing Freerange sucks so much as I had a great collection of feeds that I put together over the last couple of years and no backup of the urls.

Damn.
    09-02-12 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD